Author Topic: Nutcracker Local Install  (Read 35624 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Nutcracker Local Install
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
FYI - After installing gnuplot and adding it to the path I had to restart wamp for the path to be recognized.  Everything appeared to be working except I was getting a gnuplot path error on the output screen for nutcracker.

I installed gnuplot last so that may be why it wasn't recognized until after restarting the wamp services.

Now everything appears to be working but I am getting a lot of undefined offset warnings, and fclose warnings. 

It does appear to work and I am gettings good gif animations, although, I was only doing the install to prove your procedure and test a little.  I think the procedure works well on a clean install. i.e.: I didn't have Skype or any other software for that matter in the way of a clean setup.

Sean, One of the "few" ways I can help is to run installs from scratch any time you want to test a new install procedure as the team tries to automate more of the install.  I can build test virtual machines in a few minutes if ever you find that to be helpful.

bajadahl,

I think you just became an official tester  ;D

Good to hear that you can test it out.  I am working exclusively in local, and also see a lot of the errors (and have slowly been knocking some of those out--but truthfully, I am focused most of the time on project and getting it to work fully).  I believe Sean spends most of his coding time working on the main server.   he does work on local instances as well, but most of his focus is on meighan.net. 

Kurt

Kurt is right that my focus is on the new effect class for single strand

I have fixed over 100 of this unassigned variable errors. They occur because sometime parameters have a value , sometimes not.

I fixed 6 more today. None of these effect the sequences, we will get them all fixed in the next few weeks so they don't confuse people.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, »
OK so I did the port error fix - but I still get the tray not working error - and I even went back into the folder to make sure it saved the settings where it changed the port from 80 to 100, sure enough it saved, so I thought hey I'm in business.  Rebooted the PC and still same issue when try to click on the pink W, so something is still not taking right.  Still no go.  Maybe I am not doing something right, but I am still hitting road blocks everywhere.  So I figured I would try a couple of the other things just to see if it would let me.  So I tried going to the site and downloading the zip file from the nutcracker github link, did that, but then got errors trying to add the windows PATH to the environment, and it would not save it, as there were other paths already in that box - and those were the ones it was giving me errors on, but I am unsure if it will mess anything up if I delete the ones that were there.  On top of that, it did not have the defaulted Nutcracker folder in the www file - that folder was empty, so I tried creating a nutcracker folder and downloaded the zip into there like it said, but it added more extenions than what you show.  I dont know if I am just not technically savvy enough for this, or if its just that little bit enough above my head, or if its something with Windows Vista, or if just something with my PC in general, but I'm still stuck.  Does any of this make sense and have any ideas?
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, »
I installed on my Win 7 64bit system using the provided instructions. I had no issues.

I notice that the "Gallery" is empty on the local install.  Will that always be the case?

-Mike

Offline smeighan

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, »
I installed on my Win 7 64bit system using the provided instructions. I had no issues.

I notice that the "Gallery" is empty on the local install.  Will that always be the case?

-Mike

I could make a separate zip file of the 3000 animated gifs.

I currently do not include them.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, »
Might be nice to be able to view them locally, but only if it's not a hassle to create the zip.  You've got much higher priorities.  Thanks.

-Mike

dandyman

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, »
Sean...

This TOO COOL !

Thanks !!!!

Dan

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, »
The local install is missing the pics right?  does that also mean it lacks the ability to select an effect to import (copy) it into my local user account?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, by Steve Gase »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline smeighan

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, »
The local install is missing the pics right?  does that also mean it last the ability to select an effect to import (copy) it into my local user account?

Well, currently the gif files are taking 2.4 gbytes on meighan.net. I am not sure if people want to download that much data to their local machine.

in a week we will have a command that will walk through the effects database that you downloaded (3000 effects) and re-create the 2 gigs of animated gifs. i esitmate it will take 12 hours for it to finish all of them. After this , you will have a gallery on your local install.

until then, us emeighan.net and maybe just copy the settings and re-enter them. to fill in evern 25 questions is < 30 seconds.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, »
transferring form data is certainly reasonable.

Hate the think what 12GB per person with a local install (on a recurring basis) would do to your quota.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, »
Sean,

If we already have a local install of Nutcracker working and download the latest zip (1.0-124) can we just copy over the new files?  Do we have to do anything to update the DB with your new tables?

-Mike

Offline smeighan

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, »
Sean,

If we already have a local install of Nutcracker working and download the latest zip (1.0-124) can we just copy over the new files?  Do we have to do anything to update the DB with your new tables?

-Mike

Hi Mike, excellent question

After you have wamp installed, you never need to repeat steps 1-4.

For these massive changes please do steps (5) and (7).

5) You now need to get a copy of the current Nutcracker code tree. Go to
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and download the zip file. This file is updated daily with the latest Nutcracker code tree and with the latest export from meighan.net/nutcracker database
Unzip this file into c:\wamp\www\nutcracker. If you already have a nutcracker directory, just overwrite everything there.
This zip file also now contains gnuplot so you dont need to install it separately.

7) When you get Localhost working, install the database.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login in a browser window
This command will do the following
a) Drop all the tables from your existing nutcracker database
b) create the nutcracker database if it is missing
c) create the nutcracker user: nc_user
d) execute sql/nutcrackertables.sql to create all nutcracker tables
e) execute sql/nutcrackerdata.sql to create 50,000 rows of data
MaterDaddy wrote this script for me, Thanks!!

So for step 7, you will see this

Modify nothing and just click submit.

You should then see this

Be sure to get a fresh zip file as i just added some more stuff.

thanks
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline smeighan

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, »
corrected bug that would not export data to the sequencers.

download a new zip file and redo step (5). This is what you do anytime i release new code. You DO NOT need to delete your database (Step #7).

5) You now need to get a copy of the current Nutcracker code tree. Go to
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and download the zip file. This file is updated daily with the latest Nutcracker code tree and with the latest export from meighan.net/nutcracker database
Unzip this file , open it and copy the contents of the nutcracker directory. Next go to your c:\wamp\www\nutcracker and paste over it with a ctl-v. In other words replace the c existing code tree with what you just downloaded.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, »
Did I introduce another error?  I need to make sure to re-test install everytime I modify the install SQL script.  Sorry about that!

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, »
Did I introduce another error?  I need to make sure to re-test install everytime I modify the install SQL script.  Sorry about that!

Kurt

well, maybe indeirectly kurt.

when i modified the paths

"workspaces/2/AA~SPIRAL.nc"
to
"../effects/workspaces/2/AA~SPIRAL.nc"

the token position of the filename changed.
used to be $token[2] now it is $token[4].

just my fault for not testing the export to sequencers. This is why i have people helping to do the testing.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, »
Hi Sean,

I had a port 80 conflict so I change the httpd.conf file to use port 100 (Changed it at two locations in the file). I keep getting an error stating that I can only run the install.php on my local machine. I am on my local machine (win 7)

Any ideas?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required