Author Topic: Nutcracker Local Install  (Read 35611 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Nutcracker Local Install
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, »
Hi Sean,

I got it to install by stopping the other server program and reset nutcrack to port 80.

Seems the install.php doesn't like to be on a different port. I am now up and running (back on port 100)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, »
I still think the 'fix' is good though.  It doesn't require the user to remember the sticky, go the DLA entry and follow a series of steps to put gnuplot into their path.  I believe in the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid.)

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline garyh

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, »
Got Nutcracker installed locally and did all the steps.  Everything installed fine.

Now when I try to login on the localhost page, I get the following error:

Login Failed!
Please check your username and password

But I can log in fine at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, »
Got Nutcracker installed locally and did all the steps.  Everything installed fine.

Now when I try to login on the localhost page, I get the following error:

Login Failed!
Please check your username and password

But I can log in fine at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

did you get the wamp or xampp server started?

you can test by going to localhost (nothing else). This should take you to the wamp/xampp home page

if the landing page doesnt come up apache/mysql is not running.

If your user or password is entered wrong you will see
" Login Failed!
Please check your username and password"

what you describe acts like the apache or mysql server is not running.

if you ave skye on your machine you must follow the steps listed in step (4).

thanks

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline garyh

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, »
Here's my Wamp page and also I used phpmyadmin and looked at the nutcracker table and user effects and say effects by BrianJ.  So everything looks like it's working.  I'm assuming the local install is contacting your web address to log in? 

Offline smeighan

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, »
Here's my Wamp page and also I used phpmyadmin and looked at the nutcracker table and user effects and say effects by BrianJ.  So everything looks like it's working.  I'm assuming the local install is contacting your web address to log in?

Yep, if u can go to my phpadmin, everything is running.

Go look at the members database and see that you have an entry. U could change the encoded password to "welcome"

This will allow u to use the rename function.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline injury

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, »
One thing that is a bit confusing is the correlation between local user/pw and the ones on meighan.net. I can't tell if it's a bug or not but something is funny.

First user I made on the live site I thought I had forgotten the password to, even though it's the same as I've always used, since it wouldn't let me in on the live site anymore. So I just made another user on live and went from there. Then a week later I did the local install and at first I thought it might be the same users as the live accounts but it didn't let me in so I created a user the same as the 2nd and current name/pw combo I was using on live. It didn't give me the user already exists error so at that point I just assumed each login database was separate for security reasons.

Fast forward to today and the first time I tried to do an update since my initial local install. In messing around I found that my very first user even though it wasn't created locally can in fact login locally and has all the old data I was playing with way back when on the live site. Yet it still cannot login on live. The 2nd user name however does not match the data it has on live and doesn't have the old local data either it's just blank (having some issues with the restore procedure so I'll look at that video again). But the good part is that 2nd user can login on both sites.

Earlier when I saw the differences between 2nd user on live and local I just figured it was completely separate or it used a unique_id on the user records so I had a mismatch going when I created it locally. However the fact I can login to the 1st original user on local without ever creating it locally with the password I assumed it had all along, but it doesn't work on the live site has me stumped.

Offline garyh

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, »
injury, I tried what you said and sure enough making a new username/password on the localhost/nutcracker let me in. 

my new login/password won't work on the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login site (which is to be expected)

Offline smeighan

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2012, »
One thing that is a bit confusing is the correlation between local user/pw and the ones on meighan.net. I can't tell if it's a bug or not but something is funny.

First user I made on the live site I thought I had forgotten the password to, even though it's the same as I've always used, since it wouldn't let me in on the live site anymore. So I just made another user on live and went from there. Then a week later I did the local install and at first I thought it might be the same users as the live accounts but it didn't let me in so I created a user the same as the 2nd and current name/pw combo I was using on live. It didn't give me the user already exists error so at that point I just assumed each login database was separate for security reasons.

Fast forward to today and the first time I tried to do an update since my initial local install. In messing around I found that my very first user even though it wasn't created locally can in fact login locally and has all the old data I was playing with way back when on the live site. Yet it still cannot login on live. The 2nd user name however does not match the data it has on live and doesn't have the old local data either it's just blank (having some issues with the restore procedure so I'll look at that video again). But the good part is that 2nd user can login on both sites.

Earlier when I saw the differences between 2nd user on live and local I just figured it was completely separate or it used a unique_id on the user records so I had a mismatch going when I created it locally. However the fact I can login to the 1st original user on local without ever creating it locally with the password I assumed it had all along, but it doesn't work on the live site has me stumped.

Confusing, maybe. Bug, no.

On sept 12 I changed every password to "welcome".  This is a password that can only be used to rename.

Here is that thread. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you were not using nutcracker actively then, you probably missed the discussion.

The password on your local install will be identical to meighan.net. If
1) you have reinstalled the database with a recent zip download
2) you haven't just changed your password.

I take exports from meighan.net 1-3. Times per week and put them in the zip file.

You can always edit your entry in the members database on your localhost and set it to "welcome".  you can then  follow thread above.

This will take care until I do another export from meighan.net

sorry for any confusion
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline injury

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2012, »
makes sense I did have user 1 on live a while back, took a break and came back. Completely missed that thread heh.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, »
One confusing part is when I go to download wampserver there are 5 choices.  I suspect a little clarity may be in order.  I assume that we need to download the latest version of Apache so that narrows down the choice.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline smeighan

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, »
One confusing part is when I go to download wampserver there are 5 choices.  I suspect a little clarity may be in order.  I assume that we need to download the latest version of Apache so that narrows down the choice.

All 5 versions shown work with nutcracker.

You can pick the latest and you would be fine. If you are installing on Windows Xp, pick 32bit.
If installing on Windows 7, pick 64 or 32 bit. i used 64 bit.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, »
when i go to download the wamp server, it gives me a box telling me to install microsoft visual c, i do that for 64 bit and when i go back to install wamp server, it still gives me the prompt to download visual c. it won't let me donwload wamp server. '

thanks in advance

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline smeighan

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2012, »
when i go to download the wamp server, it gives me a box telling me to install microsoft visual c, i do that for 64 bit and when i go back to install wamp server, it still gives me the prompt to download visual c. it won't let me donwload wamp server. '

thanks in advance

duane

you need to download one of these, i downloaded the 64bit version.

after that, the install progressed for me.

CloseDOWNLOAD WAMPSERVER (64 BITS & APACHE 2.4) 2.2EWampServer is an open source project, free to use (GPL licence). You can also fill in this form in order to receive training news from Alter Way, the company behind WampServer. If you do not want to, you can download it directly.   WARNING : You must install Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package x86 or x64
VC10 SP1 vcredist_x86.exe 32 bits : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
VC10 SP1 vcredist_x64.exe 64 bits : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you are having issues you can also use xampp (it is what i am using now).

i dont remember if it had any other download requirements.

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, »
i downloaded the 64 bit version. put it on my desktop so i knew where it was. when i go back to wamp server it still gives me the prompt to download it again
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights