Author Topic: Nutcracker Local Install  (Read 35605 times)

Offline garyh

Re: Nutcracker Local Install
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gary, I don't know why you need a password change, my install worked just fine using my online password.  I always say if ain't broke don't fix it.  I know some people may need it, so an OPTIONAL script may be helpful, but definitely not mandatory.

for some reason when I download the zip file and reinstall the tables I always have to reset my password to welcome.  Injury seemed to have the same problem so jnealand I guess you are lucky or something, lol.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2012, »
Gary, I don't know why you need a password change, my install worked just fine using my online password.  I always say if ain't broke don't fix it.  I know some people may need it, so an OPTIONAL script may be helpful, but definitely not mandatory.

for some reason when I download the zip file and reinstall the tables I always have to reset my password to welcome.  Injury seemed to have the same problem so jnealand I guess you are lucky or something, lol.

the only issue would be when i take an export (which i do 1-2 times per week).

i took an export yesterday, so do step (7) and you will have the same data as meighan.net as of yesterday.

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline injury

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, »

Mine was related to a pre/post 9/12 account and not reading the sticky. Haven't had to reset pass since I got them synched up since.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, »
I have run into the problem that you have mentioned in the tutorials and I do not remember how to fix it.   I have effects created locally that I know will be wiped out when I download the new zip file.  Can you provide a little instruction here on how to save those files and bring them back into the new download.  In fact I have modified some of the effects that were created online in my local copy for timing, length, and other little tweaks.  I wish there was a way to sync the two database.  At the very least I am going to need to start writing down the effects that I change locally and the names of all the new ones so that I do not lose them.  Using local install to tweak settings is sure great.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2012, »
I am way out of my league here so hopefully someone can help me out.  I have wamp installed.  If I go to localhost, I get a 403 error; however, if I put in 127.0.0.1, I get the WAMPSERVER Homepage.  If I try to open nutcracker (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), I get:

Nutcracker Install Script

ERROR! You cannot run this script on any place except for your local computer
Please RIGHT-CLICK the filename, not left click it. select save as and put
install.php into your c:\wamp\www directory. Once you have downloaded install.php you run it by opening a web page to 'localhost/install.php'

Here are the values in your _SERVER array
Array
(
    [HTTP_HOST] => 127.0.0.1
    [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
    [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-US,en;q=0.5
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip, deflate
    [HTTP_CONNECTION] => keep-alive
    [PATH] => C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONICS~1\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
    [SystemRoot] => C:\WINDOWS
    [COMSPEC] => C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    [PATHEXT] => .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
    [WINDIR] => C:\WINDOWS
    [SERVER_SIGNATURE] =>
    [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache/2.2.22 (Win32) PHP/5.4.3
    [SERVER_NAME] => 127.0.0.1
    [SERVER_ADDR] => 127.0.0.1
    [SERVER_PORT] => 80
    [REMOTE_ADDR] => 127.0.0.1
    [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => C:/wamp/www/
    [SERVER_ADMIN] => admin@localhost
    [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => C:/wamp/www/nutcracker/install.php
    [REMOTE_PORT] => 1239
    [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1
    [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1
    [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET
    [QUERY_STRING] =>
    [REQUEST_URI] => /nutcracker/install.php
    [SCRIPT_NAME] => /nutcracker/install.php
    [PHP_SELF] => /nutcracker/install.php
    [REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT] => 1351990045.843
    [REQUEST_TIME] => 1351990045
)

Program exiting ..

I assume this is related to localhost not working.  Any idea on how I can get it to work?  The icon on my taskbar is green.  If I stop all services, it turns red, so I think it is running; however, when I hover over the icon, it says "server offline". 

TIA,
-Keith

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, »
a possibility that a firewall or antivirus type of software might have edited your hosts file.

you can open the file using notepad, and check to see if localhost still has an entry...

location...
%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\

you want to see an entry like this...
   127.0.0.1       localhost

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2012, »
a possibility that a firewall or antivirus type of software might have edited your hosts file.

you can open the file using notepad, and check to see if localhost still has an entry...

location...
%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\

you want to see an entry like this...
   127.0.0.1       localhost

Yes, I have that entry in that file and my computer does not have any firewall or antivirus installed.  The Windows firewall is off as well.  BTW, I am using XP with all updates installed.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2012, »
Well I uninstalled WAMP and installed XAMPP and I have it working now.  Just par for the course as I started this morning with no sound on my computer.   :o  Kind of hard to sequence with no sound.  After 3 hours of updates, everything is working again.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline smeighan

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2012, »
Well I uninstalled WAMP and installed XAMPP and I have it working now.  Just par for the course as I started this morning with no sound on my computer.   :o  Kind of hard to sequence with no sound.  After 3 hours of updates, everything is working again.

Thanks,
-Keith

Maybe someone smarter than me would figure out why wamp sometimes doesn't but xamp does?

I myself have been on xampp for the last few months.

I also have people who are using wamp with no issues.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2012, »
Maybe someone can help me out as well - I have gotten through all the steps, except when I enter the link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login i get an error of 404 and not 403.  I have used the XAMPP as that seemed to install and work on my machine better than the wamp - i would just get tons of errors trying to use the wamp.  But I have tried everything, checking the administrative rights, in the XAMPP control panel, all the apache and mysql servers are checked and running, i have rebooted my system numerous times, but to no avail, I still cannot get the browswer to recognize the install link.... it doesnt matter whether I try it in Chrome or in IE.  Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what to try next?  Here is what I see when I try to use the link:

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
localhost
11/4/2012 3:49:17 PM
Apache/2.2.17 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.3.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

Ive been working at this straight for 2 days now to no avail.   <md..
Thanks
Julie
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline smeighan

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2012, »
did u download nutcracker zip file from meighan.net?

5) You now need to get a copy of the current Nutcracker code tree. Go to
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and download the zip file. This file is updated daily with the latest Nutcracker code tree and with the latest export from meighan.net/nutcracker database
Unzip this file into c:\wamp\www\nutcracker if using WAMP
or
unzip it into c:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker if you are using XAMPP

you should be able to go to c:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker and see the file install.php if you have installed nutcracker correctly.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2012, »
Yes I did, ok let me look and see if its in the file, if not I'll try that again.  See what happens..
Helen Keller

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2012, »
ok I did do all that - and here is what I see when I open that folder, and the file is there, but I still get the error 404...
Helen Keller

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2012, »
is the web server "online" Look at the status (icon at the bottom right hand side)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2012, »
you talking about the xampp control panel?   oh wait - i know what you mean.... taking a screen shot now...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, by gsxrgirl7 »
Helen Keller