Author Topic: Nutcracker Local Install  (Read 35603 times)

Offline tng5737

Re: Nutcracker Local Install
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, »
were the gif files ever made available or is that still pending?

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
were the gif files ever made available or is that still pending?

not yet. i will probably make this available in the next few weeks.

This is also going to have an advantage over the nutcracker123, your local install gallery will all be created with your target instead of the original users.

The program will ask
What target to use? <Pull down list of your current targets>

It will then go and run for 2-3 days pulling all of the original users effect answers and creating the effect on your target.

When done, you will have a gallery on your local install
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tng5737

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2013, »
Sounds very cool indeed!  Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into this project.  I didn't use NC this year for a variety of reasons (none of them to do with NC) but this year hope to re-do my yard design and elements to take good advantage of what NC has to offer!

Offline mrduncan

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2013, »
Ok, I finally got all the steps installed (1-7 steps) as a local host, however, in order to install the steps requiring the local host,  I had to insert the local port number (100) into the path (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).  I successfully logged in on the local host once, tried to generate a model, and the program bombed out (dead web page).  I few times afterwards, I was able to get back into the NutCracker local host page but could not log in (HTTP: 403 Forbidden error screen).  Now, I can’t even get into the NutCracker local host screen (HTTP: 403 Forbidden error screen).  Rebooted a couple of times and re-ran the WampServer application but no success in get back in the local host.  Any idea what happen and how to fix this? 

Offline smeighan

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2013, »
Ok, I finally got all the steps installed (1-7 steps) as a local host, however, in order to install the steps requiring the local host,  I had to insert the local port number (100) into the path (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).  I successfully logged in on the local host once, tried to generate a model, and the program bombed out (dead web page).  I few times afterwards, I was able to get back into the NutCracker local host page but could not log in (HTTP: 403 Forbidden error screen).  Now, I can’t even get into the NutCracker local host screen (HTTP: 403 Forbidden error screen).  Rebooted a couple of times and re-ran the WampServer application but no success in get back in the local host.  Any idea what happen and how to fix this?

are you running skype? although you can follow the instructions for getting port 100, i just disable my skype and let it default to port 80.

you can safely just uninstall xampp and do install again. are u using wamp or xampp? both should work. i am using xampp on my installation.

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline mrduncan

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2013, »
The strange thing was that it worked once after I finally got it all installed.  Then slowly stop working.  I uninstalled everything and will try xampp.  I also uninstalled Skype but this probably was not the problem.  Would it have anthing to do with my security software (McAfee Total Protection)?

Is the local install process exactly the same with Xampp as with WAMP?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, by mrduncan »

Offline smeighan

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2013, »
The strange thing was that it worked once after I finally got it all installed.  Then slowly stop working.  I uninstalled everything and will try xampp.  I also uninstalled Skype but this probably was not the problem.  Would it have anthing to do with my security software (McAfee Total Protection)?

Is the local install process exactly the same with Xampp as with WAMP?

The nutcracker install process is identical except for the directories where you install.

follow the following

Nutcracker needs an Apache server and a MySql database running on your winodws (XP, 7) machine.

There are two choices for getting these, WAMP or XAMPP. I have used both.

Here are the steps to install Nutcracker on your local Windows 7 or Windows XP box

1) Download
Wampp. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
or
Xampp. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2) Take all defaults for installation
3) Start Wamp. Click on the Pink W icon.
or
start Xampp and click Start for the Apache and Mysql applications.

4) Test Wamp or Xampp  by setting your browser to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
if it is working, you will see the WAMP/XAMPP home page.

Apache server uses port 80. If you have Skype or microsoft HTTP/2.0 they also use port 80.
Here is a web page that describes how to fix this conflict. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For Wamp; the httpd.conf file is located in c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.22\conf directory

5) You now need to get a copy of the current Nutcracker code tree. Go to
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and download the zip file. This file is updated daily with the latest Nutcracker code tree and with the latest export from meighan.net/nutcracker database
Unzip this file into c:\wamp\www\nutcracker if using WAMP
or
unzip it into c:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker if you are using XAMPP

This zip file also now contains gnuplot so you dont need to install it separately.

6) Add gnuplot into Windows PATH environment variable.
I found a much better tool to do this and i have included the tool in the nutcracker zip file
WAMP:
Run c:\wamp\www\nutcracker\gnuplot\bin\PathEditor.exe as administrator
 Add c:\wamp\www\nutcracker\gnuplot\bin

or

XAMPP:
Run c:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\gnuplot\bin\PathEditor.exe as administrator
 Add c:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\gnuplot\bin

7) When you get Localhost working, install the database.
Enter You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login in a browser window
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline mrduncan

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2013, »
Yes, using Xampp was a much easier and straight forward installation and everything seems to be working.  Next question once I generate an effect, how to produce an animated GIF?

Offline smeighan

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2013, »
Yes, using Xampp was a much easier and straight forward installation and everything seems to be working.  Next question once I generate an effect, how to produce an animated GIF?

if you did step 6 above you should be seeing animated gifs after you generate an effect.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2013, »

Mrduncan,

Make sure that you have gnuplot in your system path.  There are a few posts on this out there.  If you are not seeing the animated GIF after creating an effect (or using project and changing the effect values for that matter), this is--more than likely--because your local nutcracker cannot reach gnuplot.exe, and--most likely--remedied via setting the gnuplot executable in your system path in windows.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mrduncan

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2013, »
Ok.  Deleted the gnuplot path and re-defined it.  Looks like it works now.  Before, I would get an error about the gnuplot was not loaded.

Thanks for your help.

I've created  a few effect now.  Anyway to delete some of the effects or model files?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, by mrduncan »

Offline smeighan

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2013, »
Ok.  Deleted the gnuplot path and re-defined it.  Looks like it works now.  Before, I would get an error about the gnuplot was not loaded.

Thanks for your help.

I've created  a few effect now.  Anyway to delete some of the effects or model files?

Sometimes it requires a reboot for the new path to be picked up. ill modify the instructions in the first post to make it clear.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Danbe

« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2013, »
Went I go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I can't see any image in Gallery
if I go to  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I see all image in my Gallery ???

Thank  DAn

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, »
Went I go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I can't see any image in Gallery
if I go to  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I see all image in my Gallery ???

Thank  DAn

Whole topic on this subject here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sims101

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2014, »
I having a problem i had it working but would not let me create a account

6:14:43 PM  [Apache]    Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
6:14:43 PM  [Apache]    This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
6:14:43 PM  [Apache]    improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
6:14:43 PM  [Apache]    Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
6:14:43 PM  [Apache]    the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
6:14:43 PM  [Apache]    If you need more help, copy and post this
6:14:43 PM  [Apache]    entire log window on the forums

I restarted computer and now I can get to log-in but says this

Warning: mysql_connect(): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\smeighan-nutcracker-e07e1a7\login\login-exec.php on line 14
Failed to connect to server: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

When go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  it does this error page

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

localhost
Apache/2.4.10 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1i PHP/5.6.3
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, by sims101 »