Author Topic: Aether II in LSP  (Read 1901 times)

Offline lorajoslyn

Aether II in LSP
« on: September 07, 2012, »
Alright, I'm all excited about building my first Aether (actually built 4), and testing them out.  I set the channels up using the Lynx address utility, and got things to work fine in Vixen - I could see all 4 colors in Vixen using a short sequence.

So..... I was trying out LSP, since I'm going to attempt to do some RGB pixels shortly - wanted to see if the software would be easier to manage than Vixen.  BUT, I can't get the darn thing to recognize the Aether flood. 

I'm aware this is probably an "operator error" issue, but hoping someone might tell me where I'm going wrong. 

I've made pretty much every imaginable contoller in LSP, but i'll walk you through one of the scenarios I tried:

Hardware:
- Aether II flood
- DMX USB Dongle
- Lovely low-voltage power supply stolen from my porch lights

Prior to LSP:
- Used Lynx address utility to set channel at 3 (did many different channels without a difference)

In LSP:
1) Pulled in Lynx Express 16 channel DMX controller
2) Left channels as they came in (1-16)
3) Configured output plugin to use DMX USBPro, using COM3 (which worked just fine with the address utility), left defaults for everything else (30 ms effect generation interval, and 512 channels)
4) Went to test hardware, and used "bank on".  I could see all 16 channels, and nothing happens.  Chase channels, nothing.  I was expecting to see RGBW on channels 3,4,5,6

Tried Enttec DMX Pro device, using RGB, ignoring white, no difference.  Is there some other setup portion that I'm missing?  I'm on day 3 of trying to figure this out, and I'm getting quite frustrated WAY to early in the season. 

Thoughts?

Offline zwiller

Re: Aether II in LSP
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, »
Chill out, you'll get it.   ;D

Have you configured your output and enabled it in LSP?  Also Aether's are RGB so configure your aether controller as RGB and remember LSP controls color so forget the 4th channel white stuff. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, »
Well Lora at least you know now that it's not just you! Tried EVERYTHING!!! I know the DMXdongle is communicating with the AetherII because I had to reprogram the starting channel for the test sequence I made and I got the infamous white pop telling me the Aether was reprogrammed. I tried every possible combination of protocol and controller type with no luck. After an hour and a half of scratching my head and trying everything I could think of. I tried it with the etherdongle and it worked like a charm. I haven't given up, I just need to go pick my daughter up from ice skating and take her to my ex wifes house. I will give it another shot in the morning, let me know if you get any ideas. George

Offline lorajoslyn

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, »
Ok, I'm not going (entirely) insane, yay!  I don't have an etherdongle yet, but am on the new coop.  Knowing it will work with the etherdongle gives me enough hope that I can still try and continue with LSP.   

Thank you SO MUCH for trying this - I was definitely saying words that were never said in any Christmas carol   ;D

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, »
You would be surprised at some of the words in Christmas carols!!!  Well the newer ones anyway. I was up late programming last night, I will give the DMX dongle another go with LSP at some point today and keep you posted.
P.S. if someone else would also try this out, it would be a big help and possibly confirm a bug in LSP?

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, »
What version of LSP are you using?  Try using the test hardware function in LSP.  Right click on the controller and choose Test Controller Hardware.

If you are using 2.0, you should Optimze your sequence before output will work.  Right click on the audio waveform, Select Maintenance Tools and finally Optimize Entire Sequence.

Also, if you are new to LSP, check out the following video I put together to learn how to use layers, transitions and highlights.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, »
Mick, I tried it using v2.5 and I did try the test hardware function, often if I might add. I tried it with a test sequence, I tried optimizing the entire sequence, I tried putting an off effect first. And like I said in an earlier post, hooked it up to an etherdongle and it worked. If someone else would also try it out, it may be possible that there is a bug when using the DMX controller? Or it is very possible that we are both missing something.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, »
This is definitely an issue.  I happened to have V2.0 still installed and tried it.  The USB DMX controller worked fine with the "Test Hardware" option on the controller.  Could control each of the RGB channels in the Aether.  Loaded up the exact same configuration in V2.5 and got no output.  Switched to an E1.31 controller in LSP and fed the Aether with the Etherdongle through the hub's DMX Out.  Test Hardware worked fine in this configuration.  So there definitely appears to be an issue with V2.5.  Not sure how broad the issue is with respect to DMX controllers.

-Mike

Offline urthegman

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, »
Thanks Mike, having trouble getting onto their site at the moment, but I will report it as a bug. George

Offline lorajoslyn

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, »
Thanks again for your help!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, »
Any time, glad to be of assistance.