Author Topic: Say I installed the C2 capacitor...  (Read 2841 times)

Offline TAdamsOK

Say I installed the C2 capacitor...
« on: September 15, 2012, »
Because I was plowing ahead and not paying enough attention, I installed a .1uF Cap in C2 which is currently not used.  Since U8 is not installed, this won't hurt anything right?  I tried to desolder it but was having trouble getting it out and didn't want to damage anything by overheating the board or C3 which is right next door.  I had to order some stuff from mouser anyway so I just odered an extra .1uF out of the mouser list.  Of course I have some extra of the axial .1uF from the first SSC coop, they appear to be the same tolerance and voltage.  Could I just use those as well to go ahead and finish it up?

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: Say I installed the C2 capacitor...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, »
If you want it off the board, just trim it close to board as possible. No harm.
Leon

Offline Mimir

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, »
It will not hurt anything to leave it on the board. As long as the replacement is the same size, voltage, and current then the package should not matter

Sent from my Motorola Atrix2 via Tapatalk 2

Offline n1ist

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, »
Just leave it in; it will cause no harm.  You can replace it with anything close that you may have on hand (47 - 470nF, 10V or higher).  If you haven't already installed them, you could leave either C10 or C11 open; those two are close enough to each other.

/mike

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, »
Cool.  Thanks for the feedback guys.  I actually had the entire board built so C10 and 11 are installed as well.  On my last look at the board to make sure everyone was happily soldered into place, I saw this cap was out.  Upon further inspection is when I noticed in the build manual, I was not supposed to install C2.  Oh well problem solved now.  :)

Thanks again!