Author Topic: Success!  (Read 775 times)

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Success!
« on: September 16, 2012, »
Got my color motions tree finished (at least all of strands)! I now have a grid of 37 nodes high by 18 nodes wide hanging from a curtain rod in our kids' play area (my kids are now teens and don't use the play area much). This is physically 9 strings of 74 nodes, which are connected to v2 ssc's and a 2011 active hub, and then an Etherdongle to the PC.

Created a spiral in Nutcracker, exported to LMS, pasted the export data into an animation sequence with my channels defined. This year, all of my LOR channels (3000+) are defined with device type=DMX Universe. Went into LOR 3.5's network configurator - advanced preferences and defined 8 universes. Started the LOR control panel, then opened my sequence, and low and behold, IT PLAYED**

Now, as I'm editing my sequences in LOR, I can immediately see the results. Thank you Sean for creating new capabilities for the community!

Matt

** Actually, the first time it didn't work because I forgot that I had my Etherdongle flashed with DMX firmware. Once reflashed with Pixelnet firmware everything worked great!
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
Re: Success!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, »
Congrats Matt - My project for next year!!
- Mark

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got my color motions tree finished (at least all of strands)! I now have a grid of 37 nodes high by 18 nodes wide hanging from a curtain rod in our kids' play area (my kids are now teens and don't use the play area much). This is physically 9 strings of 74 nodes, which are connected to v2 ssc's and a 2011 active hub, and then an Etherdongle to the PC.

Created a spiral in Nutcracker, exported to LMS, pasted the export data into an animation sequence with my channels defined. This year, all of my LOR channels (3000+) are defined with device type=DMX Universe. Went into LOR 3.5's network configurator - advanced preferences and defined 8 universes. Started the LOR control panel, then opened my sequence, and low and behold, IT PLAYED**

Now, as I'm editing my sequences in LOR, I can immediately see the results. Thank you Sean for creating new capabilities for the community!

Matt

** Actually, the first time it didn't work because I forgot that I had my Etherdongle flashed with DMX firmware. Once reflashed with Pixelnet firmware everything worked great!

not sure i know what the LOR control panel is , but cool that it worked.

Kurt Gustafson is working the Nutcracker projects and i am working the single strand effects. both should be coming on line in the next week.

congratulations!
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, »
video??

>.d9
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro