Author Topic: Conductor question...  (Read 1470 times)

Offline tng5737

Conductor question...
« on: September 16, 2012, »
I have two EDs which I plan on running off of a switch.  Both will use the same 16k pixelnet universe, but are at opposite ends of the house from each other.  How many Conductors will I need?  - one or two?  Will I need to change how they are connected?
(PC--> Switch --> ED1
                    | --> ED2     )

Offline Night Owl

Re: Conductor question...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, »
The Conductor takes place of your PC.  If I understand the device, you could get by with one and use the other ED as a slave.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, »
It does sound like a conductor and slave will be what you need. The problem at the moment is the slave board still has not been beta tested yet. If the coop starts and ends quickly then for this year I would get two conductors and just make sure they use the same programming and you have the time synced.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tng5737

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, »
Thx, it was the sync'g part that I was curious about - I wasn't sure that the two seqs would stay in sync

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, »
You will want a Conductor and a Slave. The slave firmware has not been through the beta but I do not expect it to be a problem getting it releases fairly quick once we get going. As demoed at the Academy I have it working.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying