Author Topic: Recent Build Comments  (Read 1687 times)

Offline zwiller

Recent Build Comments
« on: September 17, 2012, »
I have some comments after building one of these yesterday.  First, the parts seemed smaller than typical.  Maybe I am just getting old but the resisters were small!  Second, as mentioned in various posts, although the parts, manual, and pics are not totally cohesive, I didn't have too much trouble.  Manual specs have different color bands than pic or part.  Not a real problem as I used a chart and also confirmed with a meter what I was working with.  Lastly, for some odd reason, instead of the Vixen logo, I wish an image of Rudolph was screened on the pcb near the power light since it so close and the power light is red.   ;D

Anyway, another successful build.  Plan to use it for some 10W led spots. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Recent Build Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, »
hmm did RJ sneak back in the 1/8 watt resistors. He keeps doing that while the staff keeps trying to keep him to stay with 1/4 watt LOL

Personally I was never a fan of putting the resistor color codes in the manuals just for this reason. If a resistor gets changed then the manual is wrong. The logo should be changed away from vixen but that will cost RJ money in setup fees.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, »
J/k with the Rudolph thing.  It's just weird to see a red power light, I am used to green in other the other DIYLA gear...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, »
He could go back to 1/4 watt resistors, but the price would be just a tiny bit more. Although, the price would not be that much more to notice most likely. Me i prefer 1/4 watt and up on my boards as 1/8 watt just cant handle that much juice.