Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 8801 times)

Offline TAdamsOK

Re: Newbie question
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, »
I have never used a Mac for LSP.  I can imagine that the PC emulator can't have full functionality of Windows though.  LSP uses .net 4.0 as well.  Is there a version of that installed for the windows emulator you are using?

For the SSC's, if you go with 1" PVC you need the low pressure stuff as it has thinner walls.  Sounds like you have sch 40.  Or you can go with 1 1/4 sch 40 as well.

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, »
When you run your MAC using bootcamp, the hardware is actually behaving and compatible with any PC out there. It does even perform a little bit better. Yes all the drivers and libraries are 'stock' software that you download and install the same way than you would on a 'real' PC.
Someone had the good idea to change the link in the equipment page for the PVC. The one that used to be there was for the sch40 and I bought the product that was listed at the time, using the product number showed on that page. Not a big deal, I am just glad that the mistake has been corrected. The store it is linking to, allows for checking the inventory of your local one, before going there. You can even get them to set it aside and pick it up. Should make it very convenient for anyone in the hunt for that particular model (200psi)
edit: I actually went to another store that is closer to my home, and that also gives inventory online. They were listing having 360 of those in the store I went to. So at least lowes has them and home depot has them. As far as this particular product is concerned, my local store has them listed has discontinued product. Might want to check fast.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, by fyb2000 »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When you run your MAC using bootcamp, the hardware is actually behaving and compatible with any PC out there. It does even perform a little bit better. Yes all the drivers and libraries are 'stock' software that you download and install the same way than you would on a 'real' PC.
Someone had the good idea to change the link in the equipment page for the PVC. The one that used to be there was for the sch40 and I bought the product that was listed at the time, using the product number showed on that page. Not a big deal, I am just glad that the product is not the correct one. The store it is linking to, allows for checking the inventory of your local one, before going there. You can even get them to set it aside and pick it up. Should make it very convenient for anyone in the hunt for that particular model (200psi)

I have no idea why you say the link to Lowes shows the wrong pipe. I have checked the link many times and it show exactly what it should be. It shows a 1" pvc schedule 20 pipe. The link has not changed since Chris added it, I did add the larger schedule 40 1 1/4 pipe for folks that can't get the schedule 20 pipe.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2012, »
The first time I went to the store, I actually had my phone on that page. It was about 10 days ago. I checked and double checked with a clerk that the product I was buying was the same that was on that page, using the SKU number that was listed there at the time. It was for a sch40. When I checked the page this morning, it was pointing to another product within the same store (Lowe's). And now, I do see your addition of the 1 1/4 size one. As I said before, it's really no big deal, and I can confirm that the current link is correct has I bought some of that SKU number myself less than an hour ago. Checked the size and enclosed one of my SSC since then. Without any problem.