Author Topic: Conductor Scheduling: how to delete a schedule (SOLVED!)  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
just watched the video and had a question:

I don’t see a delete/remove button on the Conductor dialog to  remove a scheduled show, nor a way to reset the schedule entirely to start fresh.

To perform this action, is the only choice to delete the schedule file (name unknown) from the compact flash?

thx
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, by Steve Gase »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline AverageJoeTX

Re: Conductor Scheduling
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, »
I may be way off base here, but I thought I remembered RJ stating that you could not delete, because it was always best to start with a freshly formatted card for a cleaner install
Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, »
i was "hoping" that the scheduling file was a fixed-size -- or resides only in a single block -- allowing it to be edited in place and not creating fragmentation.

but all of this is guesswork.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, »
I think Joe is correct. It may have had to do with file fragmentation. The Academy was a while back. My memory, not so good!

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, »
Someone who knows will answer, I just thought I remembered him saying that's why the reformat, start clean always
Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, »
You should never delete anything on the card, rename, or modify it outside the of the Control Panel software.  Doing so will cause problems.  As a reminder the file system only supports short, 8 character file names.  If you need to do any of these activities you will have to unload the files, reformat (Quick format), and then reload back to the CF card and all will be good.

Denny

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, »
You can delete schedules and add them back to it. you can not delete files.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, »
In the video I did not see a remove/delete button. Was it off-screen?

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, »
Deleting is accomplished by highlighting the schedule to be deleted and pressing the delete key.

Denny

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, »
ahhh.

that answers that question.  thanks!!