Author Topic: Trigger implementation idea: call from phone  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Trigger implementation idea: call from phone
« on: September 19, 2012, »
I'm creating multiple threads to launch discussions on how to create various kinds of triggers.

I'm looking for some discussion to help guide me in making a decision about the "best" way for my particular needs, and I really don't know what those requirements are at this time.  So, I'm intending the discussion to be pretty open-ended, and something that might help others with similar questions.

"best" might be based on various factors:
  • price and availability of the parts
  • ease of assembly (to me)
  • ease of use (to my visitors)
  • flexibility in placement (how far can it be from my conductor and/or power source and/or wireless? and/or ???)

In this thread I am interested in the ability to call up the display from a cell phone, something that would allow ANY phone (not just smart phones) to call and make a request for a song by pressing a dial tone at the end of a voice message.

As is the case with all of the ideas, it must be able to interface with the conductor's trigger solution.

After discussing ideas, I'm hoping that final concepts could be written up as assembly manuals in the wiki, complete with answers to the "how" and "what", and "where" questions.

Any takers?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Trigger implementation idea: call from phone
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, »
I know that someone has done something like this before... and I hope he'll speak up.

I recall a cloud-based voicemail setup that in turn created an email, which then linked up to ...  (ok it gets foggy here  <fp. )
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Night Owl

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, »
This might get you started.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, »
After seeing Jim Hall show last night and thinking a little on texting to run a show.  I may of missed it but is it posable to do what I would call a eTrigger?  Send a command (Maybe something like: Conductor.exe -show 1 | Conductor.exe -stop).  Since the conductor can all ready be on my network can easily streamline this vs hacking together a trigger throw.

How Jim did it -

Regards,
Harrison

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, »
Using VoiceXML, I don't think it would be too hard to setup.  You could setup a web server on site that would trigger the conductor commands.  Check out You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  There are other VoiceXML services too.  Many offer free developer accounts that given you volume maybe just fine.

Who do you want controlling your show?  People parked in front of your house? 

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, »
Using VoiceXML, I don't think it would be too hard to setup.  You could setup a web server on site that would trigger the conductor commands.  Check out You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  There are other VoiceXML services too.  Many offer free developer accounts that given you volume maybe just fine.

Who do you want controlling your show?  People parked in front of your house?

The software Jim talked about looks just fine (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) ... But need to trigger the conduct ... Does it have the feature to receave a command ... if so is the packet / data package documented? 

Harrison