Author Topic: chase pattern question  (Read 2226 times)

Offline gsxrgirl7

chase pattern question
« on: September 22, 2012, »
I posted this in do it yourself xmas forum as well, as I dont know the best place to post it -
But I'm new to vixen, just learning some of the ins and outs, and I have installed 2.1, just installed and zipped the "visualizer" i guess you would say, i have created my channel lineup using VSB, named all my channels, my controllers, floods, and flex strips are all talking through vixen, but the only thing i had a question on was I do not see a chase button for that pattern.  I see all the others, twinkle, fade up/down, shimmer all those good things, but I dont see anything for the chase pattern.  Is there something that is a plugin, addin, or just simply a button that is just for a chase pattern in the newer versions or beta versions that is just not in the 2.1 version?  Thanks
Julie
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: chase pattern question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, »
See if this helps

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, »
Thanks do much Rick

That makes sense!  I'll play around with that tonight! 
Helen Keller

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, »
Wow, I just keep learning more and more.  I never heard of routines until Nutcracker came about and provided routines.  The more I learn the more I keep staying with Vixen.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, »
Ya I'm converting over from LOR myself!  Vixen is very very similar to LOR so it makes it pretty easy to convert but the outputs and setting everything up and getting it to talk is just really simple through vixen.  I pretty much I'm convinced!! 
Helen Keller

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
chase pattern question
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, »
+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline cody33rd

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, »
I also did not know any of this.  Thanks for sharing the link!
Springville Utah

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, »
Rick - one last question.  I posted this in DIYChristmas as well too. 
I have my entire channel line up ( as I mentioned above) made including RGB Floods, and RGB Flex Strips and regular LED's.  My question is this - I set up my pixel strings in my channel count through the VSB.  But say for instance if I want to change the color of one of the RGB devices to a color that is different from one of the 3 main color combinations - R, G, B, R+B, R+G, G+B, etc.  Say if I want like a pinkish color, or a faded purple, or somewhere inbetween the main gradiant mixture of those 3.  I know there is the RGBLED tool or addin, but it asks for a specific single channel number for which to create that color from.  If an RGB channel device takes 3 channels, how does that work?  If I want it to be a specific color should I put that color on just the first line or the R line of that RGB device?  Does this make any sense?  Or am I missing something, like a plugin or addin somewhere?  THe other software programs I have used, would group the 3 channels together, and would ask you what color you wanted that channel to be right when you were sequencing that channel.  So I just want to ensure that I do this correctly when I want a different gradiant of color for those devices.  Any help on this would be great.
Thanks again,
Julie
Helen Keller

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, »
Nevermind - think I found the answer to my own question.  I did not have the RGB Helper add-in.  Now just zipped that and installed it and will now test that and see how it works.   ;D
Helen Keller