Author Topic: Problems with LSP website and with LSP V2.5 in general  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

I recently downloaded LSP V2.5 hoping it would fix the problems I had last year running the software.  However now the software will not play the songs smoothly.  The music stutters, stammers and skips and sometimes locks up.  The songs play fine using just audio playback software.  I have removed and re-installed the software.  No difference.  In addition when I try to log into the LSP website to post on the forum I am not allowed to post even though I have signed in.  I am told I have signed in then it tells me I am not signed in.  Is it only me or do others have similar problems with this?  I have paid a lot of money for this software.  These are the types of problems that I would expect with free or shareware.   Two years ago it worked flawlessly when I first used it.  Last year, I struggled the entire Christmas season to keep it running.  It actually decided it would not run on my desktop (even though it had run the previous year) so I had to run the show from a laptop.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: Problems with LSP website and with LSP V2.5 in general
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, »
Are you using IE to log into the site?  I had this issue to and had to use Chrome. 

What hardware are you using?  Does this happen with or without output enabled?  What type of controller?  USB or Ethernet?  What OS?

I would uninstall, delete the installation folder, reboot and reinstall again.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, »
I posted this for you over at the LSP forum but I guess since you couldn't log on, you didn't see it. "I would try a complete uninstall including the Minleon folder. If the result is the same, I would run the mp3 through Audacity to make sure it is 44100 mhz, 128 kbps and 16 bit. If you have any doubt about the mp3's, you can try running them through Audacity first. George"

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, »
I am using IE to access the LSP website.  I will try a different browser.  As far as the actual software problems, I am using a Dell desktop with a P4 3.0 Ghz processor with 2.5 GB ram.  The computer is a few years old but well within the system requirements of LSP.  Using Windows XP.  As far as controller I assume you are asking about the light controller which would be a Lynx Express.  I'm not sure if the output was enabled.  Unfortunately I am leaving this morning and will be out of town the rest of the week.  Once I get back I will get back on this problem.  Thanks for the replies. 

Urthegman, I did manage to read your reply on the LSP website.  I did a complete uninstall but forgot to delete the Minleon folder.  As far as Audacity, I did download it but I have never used it and am not familiar with it.  From what I was able to figure out in the short time I had it appears the one song I checked was 32 bit.  Can Audacity change that to 16 bit?  This is the same music files that worked in the past so this is baffling.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, »
I have recently been informed, that Audacity does NOT change the mp3 to 16 bit, however, the other settings of 44100 Mhz and 128kbps are important. I have never had a LSP problem with any mp3 run through Audacity. That is strange that it worked before. If you want I will pm you my email and see if the same music file gives me a hard time as well. George

Offline sielbear

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, »
If you are running on a P4, 3 ghz system, you're likely pushing the limits of that system in the sequencer. If your on a newer piece of hardware, that may not be the case. The sequencer is fairly graphically intense - so is the visualizer. On p4 generation hardware, I anticipate a long, frustrating experience for you.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, »
Thank you for the reply concerning my hardware.  Maybe that is the root of all of my problems.  I can't believe that others aren't having the same issues so there must be some logical reason. 

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you for the reply concerning my hardware.  Maybe that is the root of all of my problems.  I can't believe that others aren't having the same issues so there must be some logical reason.

I had the same problem on my Laptop installing 2.5. The audio was very choppy with the default setting that LSP wanted to use.

Went back in and reset the configuration from 'Balanced" to 'LOW End Features" and the audio worked then.

IMHO LSP is not a good fit for the single process CPU's on older computers, you need a I3 or better with plenty of memory to make it work acceptable with all features turned on that we require.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, »
Thanks again.  I have tried several other things on this desktop and nothing is working.  I considered using my laptop but it is only a duo core processor with 1 GB of memory.  What am I losing by choosing "low end" features??

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, »
I tried changing to "low end feature set" and it may have solved the problem.  The next step is to see if I can use the scheduler to output a DMX signal.  Will work on that tomorrow.  Thanks again for your help and suggestion.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, »
I had the same problem with lsp. I was running  dual core as well. I got no reply from lsp. I emailed til my fingers bled. I built a new puter. I7 3820 quad with 16 gigs of memory and I still have some issues. The program is bugged. I wish i wouldve kept v2.0.. It ran greatlast year.. <md..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, »
Now I am told that there is a bug with the DMX Dongle and LSP v2.5.  Will this crap ever end?