Author Topic: LSP Channel Images on all Sequences  (Read 2248 times)

Offline PIC

LSP Channel Images on all Sequences
« on: September 29, 2012, »
Just trialing LSP and planning to purchase...but I am having some issues.
I made my first sequence and made channel images on a background.
When I start a new sequence I found I can load controllers from another sequence and all channel images come over fine.
The problem is when I need to update or modify one of the images...The only way I can find to do this is to update each of my sequences individually.  Example..If I have 10 songs then I would need to update all 10 sequences?  I am used to Vixen where you update one profile and all sequences use the same images...Is there a way to make this easier.  Any help would be appreciated.
164 Channels
2 Ren64, 1 Ren16, 1 Ren24
1- 24 Channel Mega Tree
1- 12 Channel Spiral Tree
Plan to start RGB next year.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Re: LSP Channel Images on all Sequences
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, »
It might not be ideal for you but I only have one sequence that has all my songs in it. The sequence is 11 minutes long and has 13000 channels.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, »
"Example..If I have 10 songs then I would need to update all 10 sequences?  I am used to Vixen where you update one profile and all sequences use the same images...Is there a way to make this easier.  Any help would be appreciated."

There has been a long standing request fro profiles in LSP but as of now they are not there. So you need to change each sequence.
Thanks
Mike

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, »
I haven't tried it, but I think you can

1.  In the updated sequence, add the controller to the library.
2.  In the old sequence, drag and drop the controller from the library into the matching controller

You would need to do this for each controller and each sequence.  Kind of a pain.

Keep in mind if you are using DMX or PixelNet, you don't have to have one controller per physical controller.  If you had 10 x 16 Lynx controllers, you could just have one LSP controler with 160 channels.  Breaking it up can be easier in some cases, but lots of flexability with LSP.

Also, I would encourage you to watch my video which provides a brief overview on how to use LSP.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven't tried it, but I think you can

1.  In the updated sequence, add the controller to the library.
2.  In the old sequence, drag and drop the controller from the library into the matching controller

You would need to do this for each controller and each sequence.  Kind of a pain.

Keep in mind if you are using DMX or PixelNet, you don't have to have one controller per physical controller.  If you had 10 x 16 Lynx controllers, you could just have one LSP controler with 160 channels.  Breaking it up can be easier in some cases, but lots of flexability with LSP.

Also, I would encourage you to watch my video which provides a brief overview on how to use LSP.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Your correct when you drop the updated controller from the library it will have the new channel images but it will be a new controller and will not replace the existing old controller. That means you would then have to copy over all effects from old controller to the new one and then delete the old controller. This is a solution but can be time consuming but maybe not as bad as changing multiple sequence files.

Offline PIC

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, »
Thanks for all the advice.  I will try it out tonight. 

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
164 Channels
1- 24 Channel Mega Tree

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
RE: LSP Channel Images on all Sequences
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, »
Try and drag and drop onto the existing controller. It should ask you to update the existing controller with the new settings.  You may need to expand or collapse the controller first.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Re: RE: LSP Channel Images on all Sequences
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Try and drag and drop onto the existing controller. It should ask you to update the existing controller with the new settings.  You may need to expand or collapse the controller first.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I stand corrected. Mickpat you are correct. If you expand the old controller and then drop new controller from the library unto it, the old will be replaced with the new and all effect information will still be there. That is awesome. You learn something new everyday. Thanks for the tip.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, »
This is cool, I have to try that. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline PIC

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, »
Sorry forgot to tell you it worked. Thanks dpitts it worked!  Saved me a lot of time.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
164 Channels
1- 24 Channel Mega Tree

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, »
Credit goes to Mickpat.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, »
The first thing I learned last year was to make a model sequence that had all the controllers in it and all the visual animations defined.  Then when you want to start a new sequence you open up the model sequence and then do a save as with a new name.  Now you still have the model sequence that can be used again and again and you can carry forward all your animations to every new sequence.  I like that if you were to update one of your controllers you could go back and drop it into each of the existing sequences.  That is helpful.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA