Author Topic: Help with Patterns  (Read 1258 times)

Offline kjam22

Help with Patterns
« on: September 30, 2012, »
I need some pattern help with LSP.  I have created patterns for some of my favorite effects - radar tree, leaping arches, etc.  But when I paste the patterns into my sequence the timings are not active.  The pattern works correctly but I can't use that timing to insert additional effects.  I bet that it is just a setting I have screwed up somewhere.....  What am I doing wrong?

Offline urthegman

Re: Help with Patterns
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, »
By any chance are you pasting from a non-RGB controller to an RGB controller?

Offline kjam22

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, »
no but I think that I figured it out.  You can't use the timing in the pattern you just have to set up the proper timing then paste the pattern on top.

Offline tng5737

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, »
If I understand your issue correctly - you are unable to use timings created with a Pattern paste.   In the Options there is a setting called Active Mouse Mode.   If you check this I think you will be able to use those timing intervals created when the pattern was pasted.  alternatively, you can temporarily override by holding down the Control key.   Hovering your cursor over the Options-Active Mouse Mode will tell you a bit more about this.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, »
That was it, thanks!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, »
Thanks also.  Still learning LSP. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."