Author Topic: all red  (Read 9909 times)

Offline salongaopm

Re: all red
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, »
i tried both switch...still red light only.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, »
No need for a test sequence.  Can you pull up the the control panel thing in vixen and try the sliders.  See if you get any other colors besides red. 

Are you absolutely sure there is not a solder bridge between led solder tabs and mounting screws?
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, »
no solder bridge that i can see.
where can i find that slider?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, »
Test channels.  2nd row of icons in vixen.  Icon looks like 2 boxes and 2 checkmarks.  There you can select and test each channel.  Hopefully you get some other colors. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, »
here
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, »
I got red light in channel one.other channels...nothing.

Offline meman

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, »
If the chips in the last coop were pre-programmed, the default start channel is 1, so you should get Red on Ch1, Green Ch2, Blue Ch3 & White Ch4 of Vixen. But I don't think they were programmed....I got 4 in the last coop, but just flashed my chips out of habit before powering up...so I can't say for sure.
Starting from scratch with both switches pointing in towards the LED and no cat 5 plugged into the light, power it up and you should get a single pop if light and then nothing. Create a test sequence in vixen....just set Ch2 to full on, everything else blank, start it and then plug the cat 5 into the Aether....what happens? Blue?

If its all red still, I'd get the chip flashed.

Mike E.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, »
nothing

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, »
that's it for tonight. I'll try again tom.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, »
I shot the coop manger a pm to see if the pics were programmed or not.  I don't think they were either and it makes sense it should not work at all if not flashed but I seem to recall a problem similar to this due to a pic not flashed. 

salongaopm, I put off a pickit for awhile and it was ok when I on ran a few LE's but in the end I got one and am REAL happy I did.  If you are remotely interested in RGB get a pickit 3 now.  I bet it will cost like $10 in postage and return postage to get a pic flashed and that is money saved if you had one.  Something to think about.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, »
is the one on the ebay link what i need?

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, »
PIC's were programmed.  Now that doesn't mean that one might not have gotten corrupted or something in the process...or maybe even a bad PIC, but I did program them all before they went out.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline zwiller

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, »
Thanks Keith. 

Yes, the one I linked to is what I recommend.  There are other options and you are welcome to research.  Personally, I don't think you need all the zif boards as RJ has headers on all the gear but dongle.  The seller also is a part of the extended blinky family.

That said, I am not 100% sure a reflash (buying pickit) will cure but it does seem like a pic issue to me.  If by chance you got another aether kit, try swapping pics.  Also there is some great troubleshooting info in this thread by RJ.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Do some testing and if it checks out I would say either corrupt or bad pic. 

Offline tbone321

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, »
This souinds like it could be an issue with the LED board or how it was connected to the main board.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, »
i checked all the connections and they are all where they are supposed to be. i resoldered the capacitors & led connections just to be sure. rechecked for any bridge....no bridge that i can see under a magnifying glass.

i am about finished with the second aether. i will try it out and if it work. if it works...i will swap the pic to roll it out.