Author Topic: In xLights 2012b, getting a wxWidget error  (Read 1266 times)

Offline JonB256

• My website
In xLights 2012b, getting a wxWidget error
« on: October 04, 2012, »
When I do an RGB Twinkle (any of them) with channels selected, I get this error:

c:\wxWidgets-2.9.3\include/wx/dynarray.h(835): assert"uiIndex < m_nCount" failed in Item()

It asks Yes, No, Cancel

If I choose Cancel fast enough, it will keep working and won't give me the error again.

If I'm slow, then it will close the program.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: In xLights 2012b, getting a wxWidget error
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, »
Looks like you need to update LOR to version 3.0
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, »
Dennis, I'm running 3.7.0 Advanced. It's xLights giving me that message. LOR wasn't loaded.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, »
The problem is that xLights is expecting the correct number of channels to be configured.  In other words, it has to be configured in a multiple of three for this function in RGB to work properly.  The first few times I used the test function in RPG, I simply defined an entire DMX universe and is would crap out with this error.  Then yesterday, I was experimenting with a small string of 20 square nodes and in that case I only defind 60 channels.  Then to my suprise, the function that would not work for me before suddenly worked perfectly.  Then my little brain kicked in and I figured out what was probably stopping me before.  As a test, I defined one more channel and like magic, they stopped working again with this error. 

So yes, there is a bug in the software but for now you can get around it by making sure that the channels defined are in multiples of three.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, »
Yes, in 2012b the rgb twinkle test requires that the number of channels selected be a multiple of 3. This will be fixed in the next release.

Matt

Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login