Author Topic: Finally updated firmware AWESOME/ slight problem  (Read 5555 times)

Offline urthegman

Re: Finally updated firmware AWESOME/ slight problem
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, »
Yes I am using DMX out of the pixelnet hub. I just hooked up the USB hub to do some more testing and got the successfully installed Generic USB Hub message. Although under devices, it is still not showing.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
RE: Finally updated firmware AWESOME/ slight problem
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, »
I am confused. What are you using USB for?  Aren't you using the etherdongle?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Offline urthegman

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, »
Yes, I am using the etherdongle and LSP to send a DMX signal to an Enttec clone which sends an input signal to madrix Madrix which outputs effects to programmable RGB snow tubes.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, »
Having just noticed problems with unexpected voltage drops on long strings, have you checked the voltage at the end of a string? See how close it is to 12vdc when a SS is turned full on.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, I am using the etherdongle and LSP to send a DMX signal to an Enttec clone which sends an input signal to madrix Madrix which outputs effects to programmable RGB snow tubes.
You should be setting your controllers to e131 if they are receiving dmx from the smarthub. The hub itself is creating the dmx signal as a duplicate for 512 channels of pixelnet depending on your jumper position. If in DMX universe 1 position the first 512 channels are broadcast as both pixelnet and DMX.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, »
These are actually flexible strips shortened to 90 nodes that work perfectly when in a sequence of their own and are on their own hub. It's only when they are played in the full sequence that the effects become jittery/shimmering. I will try plugging them into a different outlet, heck it, can't hurt to try.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, »
You should be setting your controllers to e131 if they are receiving dmx from the smarthub. The hub itself is creating the dmx signal as a duplicate for 512 channels of pixelnet depending on your jumper position. If in DMX universe 1 position the first 512 channels are broadcast as both pixelnet and DMX.
Yep, they are e131, the three output controllers are entecc pro clones.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, »
I tried it with just the etherdongle and the active hub, no enttecs and no snowtubes and playback is still jittery.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, »
Have you tried exporting to LOR and then using xlights to play it back yet?

Offline urthegman

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, »
Keith that was my next move. In the meantime I have some sort of good news. The lone channel I had setup for the Madrix DMX channel was on its own hub and as I had plans to have three active hubs which I eliminated hub 2 due to the late release of LSP v2.5. I had the hub for Madrix set up as Zone 3. Well I first copied the effects for that one channel to a new sequence of its own and saved that as a work sequence. I then removed that 1 channel and the configured output for that channel from the sequence. And playback on the matrix is no longer flickering. That is good, but I really really really want to add the prgrammable snow tubes, they are THAT good with the Madrix effects.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, by urthegman »

Offline urthegman

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, »
I am going to see if changing that one channel to zone 1 still gives me output to the snow tubes AND no jittering on the matrix.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, »
Usually the same controller types are kept in the same zone. For instance all my e131 are in zone 1. If I had an LOR dongle those would be zone 2. If I had a separate DMX dongle that would be zone 3. ect. This year I will be using LOR controllers in DMX mode and using the smarthubs DMX output to run them and my DMX floods so I only have 1 zone for everything.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, »
We are almost there!!!!! The matrix is not jittering!!!! The snowtubes are playing!!!!!!! the only problem left is the first 128 pixels of the matrix are STILL playing Madrix effects????? I don't understand how they are getting output sent to them?????

Offline urthegman

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, »
I don't know if it helps or not, but I am grabbing the first 128 channels of DMX from the same active hub and my 8 Lynx expresses are not hooked up yet.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, »
Do I dare try it with v2 firmware on the etherdongle???? I think I do!!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!! I'm going in!!!!!