Author Topic: Finally updated firmware AWESOME/ slight problem  (Read 5548 times)

Offline keitha43

Re: Finally updated firmware AWESOME/ slight problem
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We are almost there!!!!! The matrix is not jittering!!!! The snowtubes are playing!!!!!!! the only problem left is the first 128 pixels of the matrix are STILL playing Madrix effects????? I don't understand how they are getting output sent to them?????
For the jumper on DMX universe 1 for example it will output both DMX and Pixelnet for the first 512 channels so you would set your start channels for your DMX stuff within the first 512 channels and you can begin your pixelnet stuff at above that. Or lets say you only need 200 DMX channels, you can start your Pixelnet start channels at 201. I always leave some extra channels for future expansion of DMX so I don't have to go back and change my Pixelnet start channels.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, »
Thanks Keith I did exactly that, My pixelnet channels start at channel 129, since my Lynx Expresses are channels 1-128. The matrix that has the snowtube effects bleeding into the first 128 channels is on channels 129-2828. and I have two RGB arches on channels 2829 -3548. The one channel that controls the Madrix effects is channel 4106. The etherdongle v2 firmware is working fine for me. The only problem left is the Madrix effects that are playing on the first 128 channels of the matrix. Which might be caused by my not having the 128 channels of Lynk express hardware set up???? What do you think?

Offline rm357

Finally updated firmware AWESOME/ slight problem
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, »
I don't know anything about Madrix, I'm assuming it is software and/or hardware... Check how you have the Madrix outputs set up.

If it is outputting to e1.31 universe 1 on the network cable, that will be accepted by the etherdongle and displayed as addresses 1-512.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline urthegman

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, »
Warner, It is software and if you saw the effects that it has you would LOVE it. I'm pretty sure you can download a trial version where it will cut output out after a certain amount of time. The best part is that the effects are able to be changed and made custom, you can change the rate, the color, the frequency. And then you store the effects in bins in the program and different DMX values trigger the effects that you stored. It is outputting to three enttec pro clones. I have LSP sending DMX values to an Enttec clone that is configured as an input device,it is connected to a four port usb hub and sends the input DMX signal to Madrix, the DMX value determines what effect gets triggered, it then send the effects out to the four port hub and into the three enttec clones that are configured for output to the programmable snowtubes. I changed the settings on the controller in LSP from zone 3 to zone 1 in LSP to fix the other two problems, aaahhh I think I got it!!! I never changed the corresponding setting in Madrix!!!!!! BRB Let me try that!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, »
YEP!!!! YEP!!!!! YEP!!!!! I think we GOT it!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, »
 <la..  tell us how you REALLY feel       :P
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline animal

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
YEP!!!! YEP!!!!! YEP!!!!! I think we GOT it!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Darn!!! This is a great hobby. (sorry about the naughty   :P)

animal

Edit by RJ for Language
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, by RJ »