Author Topic: Need Help...no output from controllers  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Kappa2006

Need Help...no output from controllers
« on: October 05, 2012, »
Hey guys...I'm trying out LSP (v2.5) for the first time tonight and am having some trouble getting output from my controllers.  I created a test sequence with the MR16 chosen, and am using the usb dongle with dmx firmware.  I configured the controller for output with the DMX Pro (lynx), chose the correct comport, chose both 10ms and 30 ms for the effects generation interval, 512 for total channels, and nothing.  I tried testing the controller through lsp, no output from my strings.  I know the mr16 and dongle are working properly because I tested with vixen and everything was working properly in there.  Im sure its something simple but I cant seem to figure it out.  Any help would be great because I'm supposed to start my Halloween show tomorrow.  Thanks.

Brian
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline keitha43

Re: Need Help...no output from controllers
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, »
Is it the demo version which only outputs the first 16 channels? I remeber another user saying they couldn't output through the dongle when flashed with DMX firmware. I know last year mine was flashed with pixelnet and it worked. I would post on the LSP forum.

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, »
no its not the demo version.  Its the Basic version.  I'll post on the lsp forum too...
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, »
also, using windows 7, and have tried running the program in normal mode and running as administrator with no change.

Offline travailen

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, »
I had a similar problem when I first started with LSP. Finally I realized (duh) there is an enable controller output button at the top of the window. When I enabled the controller outputs everything worked OK.

Rick S

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, »
I have that button selected....enabling output to the controllers.  nothing from the lights....

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, »
Is anyone else using a USB dongle with dmx firmware and lsp 2.5 successfully? 

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, »
I have that same problem with 2.5. I finally gave up and went back to 2.0, and at least now i have output.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, »
Kappa, I believe there is a problem with that particular protocol. If you will report it as a bug, I will gladly second it.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, »
I think we were discussing the same bug in this thread about a month ago:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I guess it hasn't been addressed in any subsequent LSP 2.5 release.

-Mike

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, »
Yea i tried everything i could think of, and the problem still pointed out to be v2.5. I was so hoping that v2.5 would fix a lot of issues, but i was deeply disappointed with the results.

Offline travailen

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, »

I have that same problem with 2.5. I finally gave up and went back to 2.0, and at least now i have output.

Guess I will need to do the same thing. Can 2.0 be installed and run a computer that already has 2.5 installed? Or does 2.5 need to be removed to install 2.0?

Thanks,

Rick S.

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, »
When they issue a new key for 2.5, the old 2.0 keys are deactivated to keep people from selling them.  You might email David and see if he can work with you since you have a special case, but not sure how much control he has over such things now.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Need Help...no output from controllers
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, »
You have to totally uninstall 2.x before installing 2.5 ... Pretty sure
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline urthegman

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, »
Not if you have v2,0 on your old  laptop!!!!  >:D  It came in extra handy programming the channels on 3 Aether II's tonight too!!!!!