Author Topic: channel 1 on lynx express not working correctly?PROBLEM SOLVED THANKS  (Read 2005 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
so i hooked up several express's to do some testing and i notice that i'm starting one channel behind? the express is set for 001-016. i am using a usb dongle dmx directly to the express. channel 1 in vixen is channel 2 on the express, channel 9 on vixen is 10 on the express. what do i need to do to correct?

thanks in advance

duane
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline deplanche

Re: channel 1 on lynx express not working correctly?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, »
Double check your plugin setup in Vixen and make sure you have it set for 1.  Easy to make a typo.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am using a usb dongle dmx directly to the express.

What kind of USB dongle? If it is the simple LOR or D-Light RS485 dongle, then that is normal. They don't put out a very "break" signal and devices will miscount the channel data by one.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, »
i am using a lynx usb dongle. plug in set up is set to 1-512
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, »
one thing i have noticed, even though channel 1 is not playing when it's supposed to, it does however work when the sequence calls for " all on" i tried to go into the output plugins and put 0-512, 0-511 and neither one works.
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, »
i went into my profile and moved my beat track up to the first slot on the sequence in hopes that it would move my events by one slot, wouldn't you know the beat track started working on channel 1 the way it was supposed to. so i moved the beat track back to it's original slot, and now channel 1 is still blinking as if the beat track was still there. not sure what is going on.
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, »
ok so something is definitely not right with my original profile. i just made a new profile and put 16 channels on it, created a new test sequence with some little stuff to see if it works and it does. channel 1 is working on the test profile and test sequence but not my original profile or original work. hopefully i can figure it out. reworking adjustable preview with 192 channels can be a pain!
Florence, KY

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, »
I would look at your origional profile and make sure that you don't have a hidden controller assigned to channel 1.  I doube that Vixen can send the same channels to multiple controllers which would mean that the first one defined gets the first channel and the second one gets the rest.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, »
I would look at your origional profile and make sure that you don't have a hidden controller assigned to channel 1.  I doube that Vixen can send the same channels to multiple controllers which would mean that the first one defined gets the first channel and the second one gets the rest.

i only have one dongle set up in output plugins. it is set 1-512. at this time i am just using one controller to check everything since channel 1 is the problem and it is 001-016. what had me puzzled is that the original channel 1 events blink fine on channel 2, but when i moved the beat track to the channel 1 position, channel 1 works on the controller like it's supposed to but it's only blinking on the beat track events. not the sequenced events.
Florence, KY

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, »
I don't have a whole lot of experience with Vixen yet but it appears that the beat track may in itself be acting like a controller in that profile and moving all of the other channels up one.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, »
I don't have a whole lot of experience with Vixen yet but it appears that the beat track may in itself be acting like a controller in that profile and moving all of the other channels up one.

chelmuth on diyc figured it out. i am waiting for his reply to see what it is that i did wrong. this is what he said was wrong" missed the <Outputs> tag below the whole channel list. starts at 1,2,3, should be 0,1,2,3 if you look across you can see 0 between 124-125 also"

not sure how i did that but it is working now. thanks to those that made the effort to help

duane
Florence, KY