Author Topic: Aether 1 problem  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Kappa2006

Aether 1 problem
« on: October 07, 2012, »
Hey guys.  I'm having an issue with my aethers and LSP software.  First off, to make a long story short, Im not getting output from my dongle when using LSP directly...so I found another way of getting my sequences on LSP to work...run the sequences through xlights.  So when I'm testing my aethers through xlights, all 4 channels of both aethers are working properly.  But when I run the sequence, all im getting from the aethers is red, when red comes up in the sequence.  None of the other colors are working.  I have the aethers set up as RGB controllers in LSP, but I have an extra channel (in lsp, i added a lynx express controller and changed it to one channel) in front of both to compensate for the 4th white channel.  I wasnt sure if this was going to work, but since the reds working like it should, I dont understand why the blue and green arent working as well.  I have the start channels of the aethers at 49 and 53, and like I mentioned, when testing the channels through xlights channel tester panel, the aethers are behaving properly.  Any ideas?
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline rm357

Aether 1 problem
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, »
Make sure the white channel is at zero. If it is at 1, it overrides the color channels, but will look like it is off.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline tbone321

Re: Aether 1 problem
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, »
Try changing the Aethers to 3 channel and see what it does.  There may be an issue with selecting RGB and then assigning it 4 channels since most RGB devices only use 3.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, »
Ok I deleted that extra channel I placed in front of the aether that was compensating for the 4th white channel, and just used the 3 channel rgb for the aether, and now I only get white out of the aether, strangely when the red is playing on the sequence.  So then I threw the extra channel after the 3 channels for the rgb, and the blue worked when I turned that 4th channel on, and still white out of the aether when the red plays on the sequence.  So it seems like the aether doesnt like the rgb comands coming from LSP.
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, »
If I create a normal controller with 4 channels, and turn each channel on individually, the aether works properly.  I'm only having a problem when the controller in LSP is in RGB mode.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, »
You should create a rgb controller with only 1 channel. For example if the start channel is 200 in the properties of the controller you will see it is using channels 200 through 202. You can either skip channel 203 (white) or control it via a standard dmx controller.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, »
I thought you could create RGBW items in LSP with custom color orders?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You should create a rgb controller with only 1 channel. For example if the start channel is 200 in the properties of the controller you will see it is using channels 200 through 202. You can either skip channel 203 (white) or control it via a standard dmx controller.

+1000 

I was confused about this at first but it truly is that simple.  Once I wrapped my mind around it, LSP started to make much more sense to me.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline keitha43

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, »
You can but if the colors are out of order you must have chosen the wrong type of node in the smart string utility. For example square nodes are in a different order that pixel nodes.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, »
You can but if the colors are out of order you must have chosen the wrong type of node in the smart string utility. For example square nodes are in a different order that pixel nodes.

If we are still talking about an Aether, that is a DMX device and has nothing to do with smart strings or their utility. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline keitha43

Re: Re: Aether 1 problem
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, »

If we are still talking about an Aether, that is a DMX device and has nothing to do with smart strings or their utility.
my bad. Smartstrings on the brain. I didn't need to create a custom color order in lsp for my aethers. They were rgbw.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, »
aether 1   WRGB
aether 2   RGBW
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, »
Yes I remember now that the original aether style (6 leds) had white as the first channel and the newer version(1 led) had it as the last channel. So let's say your start channel is 100, then create a rgb controller that starts at 101 and is 1 channel. In the properties you will see it is using 101 through 103. You can either skip channel 100 if you will never use white or create a single channel plain dmx controller called aether white and set it for channel 100.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, by keitha43 »