Author Topic: Merge LSP UserPatterns.XML files?  (Read 763 times)

Offline twinkleclaus

Merge LSP UserPatterns.XML files?
« on: October 08, 2012, »
Is there an easy way to merge 2 LSP 2.5 UserPatterns.XML files? I have a large one I use in LSP 2.5 (a combination of Nutcracker patterns and my own patterns), but I often want to add in a couple new patterns from Nutcracker. I tried exporting a LOR file from Nutcracker and import into LSP, but the channels were not RGB, but R, G, B, which made it difficult to copy over to my LSP channels.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Merge LSP UserPatterns.XML files?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there an easy way to merge 2 LSP 2.5 UserPatterns.XML files? I have a large one I use in LSP 2.5 (a combination of Nutcracker patterns and my own patterns), but I often want to add in a couple new patterns from Nutcracker. I tried exporting a LOR file from Nutcracker and import into LSP, but the channels were not RGB, but R, G, B, which made it difficult to copy over to my LSP channels.

the easiest i can think of is just having a library and copying over them.

copy bigpatterns.xml UserPatterns.xml
copy smallpatterns.xml UserPatterns.xml
 .etc.

Note, that currently there is no way to make LSP re-read the UserPatterns.xml file, so you need to exit and restart LSP/

If you want to do a bit harder work, you can get multipl effects into one xml file but you will need to parse xml.

Create a effect and then select two effects to make the UserPatterns.xml. View the file and you can see two sections that i have created.

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login