Author Topic: Need help with Lynx Express  (Read 12912 times)

Offline andytwo2

Need help with Lynx Express
« on: October 09, 2012, »
Hi Guys, ive got two Express that im rtying to run together. Couldnt get the second one to work so heres what I did to check it out. I took the #2 express and programed it back to channels 1-16. Started up the show on the computer (in Vixen) and with both expresses turned on plugged it (cat 5 from DMX Enttic open)  in the #1 and worked just fine. Plugged it in the #2 express and NO data light. Back to #1 and worked just fine. I have checked the solider joints on the back of the board. I have compared it to the #1 express for placement of parts on the board. Not sure if there is a reset or something im doing wrong with that #2 but it not working so far.
HELP.  You can direct e mail me at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This will be my first display for Halloween if I get it going.
TKS
Also let me know if I need to be in another section of this site!!

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
Re: Need help with Lynx Express
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, »
did you set start channel on second unit to 17
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

sjb

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, »
Here is what has been attempted from previous post

Hi everyone, Im John In Oklahoma, this is my very first try at a display and mine is for halloween. Ive got a four sequence show done, with Vixen and in the computer. Ive had it running with the lights and everything working. Using the Lynx Express and the Entic DMX open. Its working fine. I decided to use the second Express. I programed it for channels 17-32. I hooked the first to the second with a CAT 5 cable. I went into the program (Vixen) and added the 17th channel to all the sequences. I went to Profiles Manage, double click to Plugin page. Added, on the right side another Enttic open DMX and made it channles 17-32. Clicked Done and Done. Went to open an already made sequence and hit play.
I get Plugin Error:  Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
Dont know what this means. Dont know how to make the second Express work.

TKS John  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
John,

Go to the profile manager and add another 16 channels to the profile you are using and the make sure you only have ONE output plugin (in your case Entec USB open) You only need one out plugin (if your only using one) you just add channels to your profile.
Also make sure you have the first controller not terminated. Remove the terminate jumper and only have it on the second controller, Once you have added the channels in the profile like John mentioned, these should work.

Steve (from Edmonton)
Steve thanks for the help. I decided to check and see if controler #2 was even working. SO programed it back to channels 1-16. With the show on the computer running (in Vixen) and both controlers ON plugged the cat 5 into #1 and its working. Plug it in #2 and NO data light. Back to #1 and its working fine. Have no way to check out the #2 express. I have looked at the solider joints on the back with magnifing glass. Have checked that the correct parts are in the right location. Also all the prelim tests work correctly. Im not sure what to do next.!!!!

John
Hi John,

One of the first steps would be to take high res in focus pictures of the front and back. And, there is a troubleshooting section in the Think Tank, that is a more appropriate place for this problem, a mod will most likely move this thread to there. So post some good pictures in the troubleshooting section and let us take a look. Hopefully we can get you up and running quickly.
John, as bisquit476 stated. Take some good photo's of front and back of the controller that is not working. I have had this issue recently and found it was the termination jumper for the wireless was not on properly. Make sure that the jumper is properly seated on the 2 pins and if this does not help I am sure with photo's someone here will get you up and running real quickly.

We are a forum of great knowledge and with photos it helps a lot.

Steve (from Edmonton)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, »
this thread is in the wrong location...   The Lynx is a discontinued piece of hardware.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, »
This problem has been posted in multiple locations.  The poster needs to learn the appropriate forum and only post once.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

sjb

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, »
Yes, it was posted in multiple locations as members asked this new member to post it in the different areas instead of introductions and that is what he did.

End result is he has a working board and all is good.