Author Topic: no signal?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline joshuashu

no signal?
« on: October 09, 2012, »
i have a wireless module version 2 that when powered up gets the red power light and does the blink blink blink on the green, but after that the green light goes off and no signal? This module had worked fine before, wondering if there is any thing i can test to see if the microchip has gone bad or what?

Offline tbone321

Re: no signal?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, »
Is your transmitter and receiver still on the same frequency?  What do you have it connected to?  By module, I assume that you are referring to the EX/RX unit.  If it is attached to an Express, do you have the remove for wireless jumper removed?  How are you sending a signal to it?  The fact that it appears to be flashing out the channel number that it is on with the green LED, there is a good bet that it's not the PIC.  If you want to check, hook up your Pickit-? to it and attemt to read from the chip. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, »
how do i check frequency?  it is connected to a rainbow flood extreme, the other 3 i have are working fine, i have tested the pic and reflashed, so i know that is not the problem. it is connected via the hack, removing the 485 chip

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

Are the Universe changing jumpers the same. which change the frequency?

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline joshuashu

no signal?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, »
Yes they are the same.  No jumpers

Offline rm357

no signal?
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, »
The blinking light means it is receiving data.

Just to make sure...
Are you transmitting DMX with an TX/RX? No transmitter = no data to receive

Does everything have the most current firmware? One of the firmware changes modified the frequencies that are used for each universe. The old firmware will not talk with new...

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, »
IIRC, the green light blinks at first to indicste that the device is booting up and what channel it's on.  After that, he say's that it goes dark.  The first step would be to carefully inspect the board for damage, especially the antenna board.  Also look to see if any of the solder connections between the main board and the antenna board didn't fail.

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, »
updated firmware, pic reflashed, touched up all the solder joints? Is there anything i can test with using my meter to see if something is fried?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, »
Remember that there are two sides to this, the Transmitter and the Receiver.  If the receiver is not working, the first step is to determine if the Transmitter is working properly.  If not, then no receiver is going to work with it.