Author Topic: Etherdongle issues  (Read 5197 times)

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Re: Etherdongle issues
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, »
I have green light and yellow light. But christmas lights dont light up. I am using cat5e and data is being sent.
Thanks Sam, just getting a little nervous, being so close to launch date.
Sebastian from California

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, »
Some thoughts.  Maybe something will jump out. 

Pic is programmed?  With newest firmware (v2)?  I believe there was an issue with 1st version. 
You have output enabled in LSP?  (plug icon is yellow)
You have selected an area to play in ribbon?
Try the test hardware screen in LSP?
Term is on your LE?
LE start channel match LSP?
Swap the cat5 to LE?
Get blinky with LE test mode?

YOU'RE nervous?  I'm so far behind I will be late for next year.   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, »
OMG! I dont know what happened, but now it works. Pluged it in the same way and now it works thru cat5. Now how do i use the TX/RX option

Offline injury

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OMG! I dont know what happened, but now it works.

If it's like mine in it's current test setup, my cat5 cable on the output side of the EDongle (the one with no lights) seems a bit loose to where if I just bump it it loses connection. The jack doesn't feel as snug as others.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, »
OMG! I dont know what happened, but now it works. Pluged it in the same way and now it works thru cat5. Now how do i use the TX/RX option

What exactly do you mean by TX/RX option?  If you want to send a signal wireless, that only works with DMX.  If you are referring to the standalone TX/RX unit, then you put the one sending the signal on TX, and the one receiving the signal on RX.  Make sure that they are on the same channel and in line of site with each other and you are good to go.  Plug the unit sending the data into the DMX port of the hub and the receiving unit into an Express or whatever else you are controlling wireless and have fun.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, »
Hi Tbone,
To clarify, i want to be send DMX output from my ss hub wirelessly to my LE's Via a TX/RX Board to my EX/RX Receiver on my LE. I havent changed anything on them from last time i had them working on my USB Dongle. Now when i move the terminal jack pins for wireless and have my EX/RX mounted on the LE there is no data.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, »
I run all my DMX stuff wireless using a TXRX that gets its signal from an Active Hub DMX out.  Works great.  My active hub sits on my porch and I have cable going to the TXRX which is moounted up high on a porch columns.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, »
Hi Tbone,
To clarify, i want to be send DMX output from my ss hub wirelessly to my LE's Via a TX/RX Board to my EX/RX Receiver on my LE. I havent changed anything on them from last time i had them working on my USB Dongle. Now when i move the terminal jack pins for wireless and have my EX/RX mounted on the LE there is no data.

The firststep would be to make sure that you are still getting DMX output from the hub.  Remove the TX and connect the Express directly to the hub.  Make sure to put the Remove For Wireless jumper back in place and see if the Express responds to it.  If it does, then remove the Express and plug the TX back in and do it without touching anything else.  Make sure that the TX is still in transmitt mode and is on the same channel as the Rx.  Remove the wireless jumper from the Express and power it back up and see what happens.  If it doesn't work then there is an issue with either the Tx or the Rx.

Offline sebjsan

Etherdongle issues
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, »
That's how I have it set up and no go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline tbone321

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, »
Are you getting a DMX indication on the Tx?

Offline sebjsan

Etherdongle issues
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, »
Thanks TBone opened up my tax an it was on a different universe. All working now. Thank you all that helped. One less thing to worry about.