Author Topic: Ray Wu Dumb Flex Strips  (Read 1241 times)

Offline deplanche

Ray Wu Dumb Flex Strips
« on: October 11, 2012, »
I am putting together an order for some of the smart string flex strips from Ray Wu and also want to get some dumb flex strips that would be similiar (if there is such a thing).  I see a link in the wiki to the dumb strings, but nothing for flex strip.  Does he sell such a thing?  Some of the products on his site look like it, but I am not certain I am looking at the right thing.

Thanks.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Ray Wu Dumb Flex Strips
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, »
semd him an email and ask about a compatible flexstrip
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Zeph

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, »

If I'm understanding that listing, it is a fixed color strip - that is, all LEDs are on a single channel; you could control it so that all LEDs are on, all are off, or all are at the same dimming level.  You can choose among a few colors, and one of the colors is "RGB" but that means alternating those fixed colors along the strip, without individual control of each color (still only one channel, not three channels).

That's a viable option, so long as you are not expecting 3 channel RGB control for color mixing.

Offline hicksjo

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, »

If I'm understanding that listing, it is a fixed color strip - that is, all LEDs are on a single channel; you could control it so that all LEDs are on, all are off, or all are at the same dimming level.  You can choose among a few colors, and one of the colors is "RGB" but that means alternating those fixed colors along the strip, without individual control of each color (still only one channel, not three channels).

That's a viable option, so long as you are not expecting 3 channel RGB control for color mixing.

I disagree, there is no ic in the string ... Just resistors and rgb LEDs
With a common 12v+ lead and 3 controlling channels (1 red 1 green 1 blue) using grounding as control with something like an mr16 or dumb string controller you can dim each color independently and get a huge variety of colors

Yes the entire strip will be same though