Author Topic: IE9 times out when afgter submitting effects even when run locally  (Read 2264 times)

Offline tng5737

Every time I try to generate the gifs (submitting effects) IE9 times out.  This happens even when running from localhost.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Every time I try to generate the gifs (submitting effects) IE9 times out.  This happens even when running from localhost.

check the current status page

anything in red is broken. gifs, pictures are currently broken. I have stated that they will be fixed by early next week,

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I think he means the gif for spirals or any other effect that is working.  Not a gif effect.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tng5737

When I hit the Submit Form to Create your Effect button.   Then IE just goes away and finally timesout as if there were no connection.  This happens both online AND using a local copy!

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
tng,

I too don't get the gif preview generation either.  However, the effects still will generate and you will be able to output the effects to your flavor of sequencer.  To some degree, project is working as well, so if you need to sequence a song (as long as it isn't single string effects -- as we just uncovered an issue with those) you can do that through project.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tng5737

Well it never gets that far.   Further explanation:
First of all - I am using the Local copy (localhost) although this also occurs online.
When doing a megatree it all works fine!
When doing a Single Strand then Iget the timeout
the strand is a single string (1) with 90 nodes and 4 segments (window) 
I adjust the boundaries so that they are 1,23,46,68   That is a window with top & bott of 22 nodes with 23 nodes on side
When I click 'Submit Form to Create Effect' then I get a spinning circle on the browser tab which eventually stop (the orignal page is still displayed briefly) and then the page blanks and I get the 'Diagnose Connection' page

I have increased my Internet Keep Alive time from its 60 sec default to 120 seconds but it made no difference.
As I said above I am able to to Megatrees just fine.   (I haven't tried anything else other than these two)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, by tng5737 »

Offline smeighan

Well it never gets that far.   Further explanation:
First of all - I am using the Local copy (localhost) although this also occurs online.
When doing a megatree it all works fine!
When doing a Single Strand then Iget the timeout
the strand is a single string (1) with 90 nodes and 4 segments (window) 
I adjust the boundaries so that they are 1,23,46,68   That is a window with top & bott of 22 nodes with 23 nodes on side
When I click 'Submit Form to Create Effect' then I get a spinning circle on the browser tab which eventually stop (the orignal page is still displayed briefly) and then the page blanks and I get the 'Diagnose Connection' page

I have increased my Internet Keep Alive time from its 60 sec default to 120 seconds but it made no difference.
As I said above I am able to to Megatrees just fine.   (I haven't tried anything else other than these two)

Please always include your
username: tng5737
target: ?
effect name: ?

that you are trying.

I see you have a single strand target called W1
i see no single strand targets created

I see you have an effect called W1-BARS. It is illegal to use a single strand target with anything except a signle strand effect (single strand effect is in the pull down of effects).

This is my fault for not having better error checking. I stated in the tutorials Be sure your single strand targets are ONLY used with the single stand effect. I have no idea what happens when you mix them with the other megatree effects.

Here is your W1 model with a single strand effect taking the default colors and directions

here are the settings

and the gif

sorry for the confusion
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline tng5737

Well I'm sure that I was missing the Strand effect option. 
I have created the following online:

userid:tng5737
target:TSTSTRAND
effect: STRANDEFFECT1

I still got the timeout - I'm missing something here.   I don't want you taking up your time working on this silly problem of mine.  It is nothing critical just trying to learn how to use the tool you so generously built for us!   
thx

Offline smeighan

Well I'm sure that I was missing the Strand effect option. 
I have created the following online:

userid:tng5737
target:TSTSTRAND
effect: STRANDEFFECT1

I still got the timeout - I'm missing something here.   I don't want you taking up your time working on this silly problem of mine.  It is nothing critical just trying to learn how to use the tool you so generously built for us!   
thx

I got the same timeout as you.

i changed your 100 seconds duration to 10 seconds and it produced the effect on meighan.net

probably the only way you will get a 100 sec x 20 frames per sec or 2000 frames of animation to create
is to do it on a localhost.

i tried this on my local host and the 100 sec animation did create correctly.
try downloading the zip file tom morning.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline injury

This is likely related to IE9 having a default timeout of 10 seconds. It can be increased in the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings\ReceiveTimeout

Only other time I've seemed to run into something like this was when I left what seemed to be a required value off an effect. IE9 was just sitting there looking like it was waiting, Firefox spammed down the page with a bunch of error messages that kind of let me know something wasn't correct.