Author Topic: LSP 2.5 - Export to Conductor Broken  (Read 3649 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

LSP 2.5 - Export to Conductor Broken
« on: October 12, 2012, »
As reported in the LSP thread here -> (see post #10 from twooly)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you are using LSP 2.5 and are expecting to use an export from LSP 2.5 for the conductor, you might want to look at an alternative backup plan if it doesn't get fixed soon.

Offline thestig

Re: LSP 2.5 - Export to Conductor Broken
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, »
I have been messing around with the LSP Demo and was about to pull the trigger due to the fact that it makes addressing and viewing rgb nodes so simple.

I am a visual guy and I like to see exactly what I am building in the visualizer and with rgb flex strips and vixen that is impossible.

I have all of my singing faces done via LOR S2 and just need to sequence in the flex strips and aethers to my songs. Is the LSP scheduler going to give me issues with simple transitions? I am not worried about my computer as it is an animal. I am a gamer and it is built with an  i7 with 16gigs ram, ssd, liquid cooled with a top of the line video card.

also I thought that xlights could convert LSP files to conductor files on its own?

Grant

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, »
For me, simple transitions in LSP 2.5 are running great. I have a few issues with lights lagging when I use the more complex Macros (like color wipes)
But apart from that LSP is working just fine for me.

I do see an option for XLights to convert to Conductor format, so I assume it maybe able to convert from LSP 2.5 format directly to the conductor format (although I haven't tried it)

I do know that LSP 2.5 has a menu item to export LSP 2.5 files directly to Conductor format, but that is broken right now.

You can export from LSP 2.5 to LOR file format, and then run that file though FrankR's tool and get it to load into xLights scheduler relatively easily

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, »
No xlights won't convert straight from lsp to conductor. It can do lor and its own format to conductor format.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, »
So perhaps an option is to export the LSP 2.5 sequence to LOR format (although LSP 2.5 won't export larger sequence files) then pull the exported LOR file into XLights and then get xLights to export to Conductor format?

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, »
So perhaps an option is to export the LSP 2.5 sequence to LOR format (although LSP 2.5 won't export larger sequence files) then pull the exported LOR file into XLights and then get xLights to export to Conductor format?

Nope that doesn't work either.  If you sequenced within LSP you're not getting it out right now until LSP fixes their exporting problem.  Although frankr is working his magic and hopefully we can have a third party tool to do it for us. 

I've tried the exporting to LOR from LSP and then the xlights to conductor....got the can't find track length error.  Fixed that by editing the file and putting the correct centiseconds time in the file.  Tried again and on this run got lots of can't map channel #x errors.  Files all outputting my xlights or LSP are hex zeros in the entire file so no blinky.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, »
I think the best option would be Frankr's tool from lsp to xlights format. Then from xlights format to conductor format using xlights.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, »
Oh and to add xlights can' only convert from lms,las,vix files to the conductor format. 

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, »
I think the best option would be Frankr's tool from lsp to xlights format. Then from xlights format to conductor format using xlights.

I do know that FrankR's tool did a damn good job at converting a couple of sequences from LSP 2.5 format into xLights format and that I could load the converted files into xLights scheduler and they ran fine big respects to FrankR for his tool.

I'm planning on a test this weekend to convert all my sequences with FrankR's help and try and run all my sequences in XLights.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, »
As reported in the LSP thread here -> (see post #10 from twooly)

If you are using LSP 2.5 and are expecting to use an export from LSP 2.5 for the conductor, you might want to look at an alternative backup plan if it doesn't get fixed soon.

What is broken about exporting to Conductor?  I am not having any issues and am curious if it is working in the build I have, but broken in later builds.  I have exported a few shows without any issues and they playback fine on the conductor.  I only have 120 channels connected though and won't know for sure if this work until next month.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
LSP 2.5 - Export to Conductor Broken
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, »
I'll check my build tonight.  I have 900 channels for mine.  Even 16 channel export doesn't work for me

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, »
@twooly thanks.  I will retest tonight too and post my results.   

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, »
It does not work with the latest build 2.5.4650.19419.

Denny

Offline zwiller

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, »
I have latest build and a decent machine with win7 and I just tried exporting for giggles and had no problems with about 3k channels.  Of course, no way to test as I don't have the conductor yet but LSP did create a .seq file.  Anyone know what the "select sequence range" is for?   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, »
I have the latest LSP 2.5.4650.19419. LSP creates the file, but the file is filled with all '0's.