Author Topic: Meteor Delay Wish  (Read 861 times)

Offline injury

Meteor Delay Wish
« on: October 17, 2012, »
I was messing with the Meteor effect on one of my grids and playing with the options I had an idea I think would be nice in the future

Instead of just launching a minimum of 1 meteor every frame possibly a way to launch from 0 to X number of meteors with no more than Y number of consecutive frames getting 0. Or another possibly easier way coding wise I could get closer to the effect I envisioned would be something like an adjustable delay between launches not tied to the frame speed.

In a nutshell I was wanting more time (or a bit of randomness) between launches but for that choice not to affect the fall speed animation.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: Meteor Delay Wish
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, »
Seems both reasonable and do-able.  Doubt it will make the priority list before Xmas though.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline injury

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, »
Oh I didn't figure it would get in this year. Was just toying yesterday with a strand I have setup in an expanded grid like icicles when it hit me.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was messing with the Meteor effect on one of my grids and playing with the options I had an idea I think would be nice in the future

Instead of just launching a minimum of 1 meteor every frame possibly a way to launch from 0 to X number of meteors with no more than Y number of consecutive frames getting 0. Or another possibly easier way coding wise I could get closer to the effect I envisioned would be something like an adjustable delay between launches not tied to the frame speed.

In a nutshell I was wanting more time (or a bit of randomness) between launches but for that choice not to affect the fall speed animation.

can be done.

first we need to fix the following bugs

animated gifs
 Projects .vir file is zero filled
 text only shows up as 1/4 tree instead of 1/2 tree
pictures
layers
color_wash
glitch in spirals
 Nutcracker reverse swirl L/R direction not reflecting change of direction
 L/R Direction checkboxes in second screen of Single String not working

i am working through the bugs, i am on animated gifs. release should be today.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login