Author Topic: Help Programmin  (Read 4959 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: Help Programmin
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, »
It really sounds to me like the Pickit-3 is bad.  Contact MicroChip with the error code and what's happening and they should walk you thru a few tests to determine the problem and the solution for it which may be to replace the unit.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, »
Make sure when you switch the chip type, you also go back to the power option and power the chip from the pickit.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, »
If you are getting download failed make sure that the PC you are trying to flash the PIC from has an internet connction.  Ifit downloads and then says download failed, you probably have defective memory locations in the Pickit-3 that are being hit with the larger programs needed to work with these newer chips. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline kevinpickett

• Colorado Christmas
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, »
Use the Pickit 3 beta program and under Tools menu choose to "revert to MPLab mode" .  it will go through a few process and reload your Pickit 3 back to its original state.

After that process is done, connect to the device (ether dongle) open up the MPLab IDE program

Under the configure menu choose "select device" and set the device to the PIC32MX795F512L. and click OK.

Select Pickit 3 from the 'Programmer" menu ,  and it will tell you that your pickit 3 needs to be updated.  It will then load the pic32 device onto your pickit 3.

After that process close MPLab and open Picit3 ver 1.0 software (available in WIKI) and you should now be able to select the correct 32pic device and load your ether dongle hex firmware and program your ether dongle.

I am posting this from memory. but I believe i have included all the steps.  It might ask you to load the pickit 3 firmware, i'm not sure.  But the firmware is loaded through the MPLab, Programmer, setting, configuration menu, and the firmware is located in the PICKit 3 folder.

I'll confirm this procedure in the morning when I am at my programming PC with my pickit 3 device.

kevin
---------------------------
Kevin
Colorado Christmas
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dgreen

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, »
Thanks for all the help guys,
the problem ended up being the ED.
The 2 i ordered on this last coop just came in so i built them and they program with no problems.
not sure how to fix this one but it was a spare so i will deal with it after i am up and running.
Thanks again.