Hardware > Lynx Smart String

Updated mod for SSC

(1/9) > >>

RJ:
This is the only mod that should be used

If your SSC's are working ok for you and you do not wish to change them at this time you do not have to. This is to help those with issues. In the long run you will need to as future firmware updates will only be for this version of modded ssc.

So you have 4 items attached to this post.

1 - New firmware for the SSC that can only be used after the mod is complete. It includes the ability to group pixels as a new feature.

2 - The document that shows you how to mod your SSC to what I will call Ver 3. It can be done to all SSC Ver I or II and will make all units use the same firmware from now on. Any new pcbs ordered will include this change in them.

3 - The updated EXE file for the utility. Just find your folder that your SSC utility is in and replace the old one with this new file. When you run it then you should see the additional choice for grouping on the utility.

Thats it. This will make a solid output that will fix anything caused by the SSC output. If you have issues after this mod you need to look at your nodes.

There will be a new test firmware posted as soon as time permits.

RJ

njKeever:
I assume we should run a wire where the yellow line is, right? There are a lot of green lines! :-)

fyb2000:
Just did the mod on one of my new pre-modded board (the trace was already cut, just put the jumper wire to the new position). Programmed the firmware using a pickit3 (checksum xxxxxxxxxxxx <-this was the wrong checksum). I used the new utility to set it up (after closing the program jumper), using default values for all the entries, but the number of nodes (120). Pushed transmit and nothing is happening, the LEDs are not flashing white. I haven't receive my etherdongle yet, so still using the USB dongle.
Once that didn't work, I took a (known to be working) SSC out of my setup. It already had the previous mod. Changed the wire to the new position, put the new firmware on it, set it back up using the new utility (with the program jumper closed and after double checking that it was indeed the new utility), and I got the same result. (both tests were done using a string from my current setup, and the string was tested using a working SSC before the modification and after. All LEDs were working and responding correctly to commands).

additional information: the utility included in the download is the exact same one than the one that was included with the previous mod. I do believe this is correct and expected, but as I said, just additional information.

edit: is there a missing attachment or it was a typo and only 3 items are supposed to be attached to the initial post?

sittinguphigh:
Do you have a part number for the 220 to 330 resister replacement. And were is the resister you replace?

taybrynn:
Thanks for this great set of docs and all your work on this !!

We can't thank you enough.   <res.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version