Author Topic: help  (Read 2370 times)

Offline vstar

help
« on: October 22, 2012, »
vixen wont open  message pops up im sorry but the application is about to dieplese take a screen shot of this message
root element is missing
and then a list 
has this ever happened to anyone else ?

Offline steve_hirst

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, »
sounds like you missed something in the install like the .net

I would reinstall the v2 .net and then if it doesn't fix it try redownloading vixen.

Offline vstar

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, »
my show has been running fine since oct 1st does that mean i lost everything if i have to re download the vixen  ?

sjb

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, »
Go into "My Documents" and find the Vixen folder. You should see within this folder your sequences and audio files. If they are there I would copy this folder to another location on the computer and always keep an up to date copy of it on a USB flash drive so that you always have a back-up. Then re-install, it should not overwrite your files, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Steve

Offline vstar

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, »
ok gonna take a look at it

Offline vstar

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, »
sjb i found it it wont open up i still get the same message root element is missing i dont want to lose it what should i do

Offline injury

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

according to that it looks like a corrupted profile is possible

sjb

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, »
It will not open up with what??

Prior to this error message, did you change anything to your profile? Like add a channel or delete a channel?

Steve

Offline vstar

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, »
no i have been running the show since the 1st but i unplugged everything (dongle ,speaker ) to bring lap top inside to work on christmas sequences  i must have done something  i have found the file and it looks like everything is there it just wont open im  afraid of losing all that work and the halloween show

sjb

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, »
Where were the files located? Were they in the "My Documents" folder?

1) If yes press the back button until you get to the "My Documents" folder and then right click on the Vixen folder. Select copy from the list.
 2) go to your hard drive folder (C:) drive and create a new folder in it named "Vixen Backup" open this folder and then right click and select paste

you should now have a full back up of all of your files that you have created. Also drag and drop the vixen folder onto a USB flash drive if you have one.

Once you have done this you can re-istall Vixen without any problems

Offline vstar

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, »
sjb i think i am ok i was able to restore it to a earlier date and it is opening up now gonna hook it back up to dongle and speakers and see if it worked

sjb

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, »
That is great. Hopefully everything is there.

Fingers crossed for you.

Steve

Offline vstar

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, »
sjb thanks buddy working fine just put everything on flash  drive     that was a close one was sick i dont know why it happened but hope it doesnt happen againnn     thanks again for your help !!