Author Topic: Help with what should be a very simple sequence  (Read 1131 times)

Offline bajadahl

Hello All,

I am trying to get a simple sequence and just can't figure out the best way to approach this.  All I want is the fire transition for the entire duration of the sequence (about 2 minutes). I have tried creating a huge transition but I actually start getting Codec errors when I try to make it so large.  I have also tried making 5 and 10 second versions but I can't figure out how to repeat the transition multiple times.

I am running the most recent version os LSP downloaded again today for a fresh install on a new physical box. 

The goal of this simple sequence is to wrap a trailer in lights for running around the neighborhood on Halloween....Just want it to look like it's on fire as we play Yo Ho -Pirates Life.  I could probably just play it in the sequencer as a 10 second loop but would really like to know how to just make the transition last for an entire sequence.

Thanks for any guidance. FYI - All my controllers setup and all output correctly. 

Alan

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Help with what should be a very simple sequence
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello All,

I am trying to get a simple sequence and just can't figure out the best way to approach this.  All I want is the fire transition for the entire duration of the sequence (about 2 minutes). I have tried creating a huge transition but I actually start getting Codec errors when I try to make it so large.  I have also tried making 5 and 10 second versions but I can't figure out how to repeat the transition multiple times.

I am running the most recent version os LSP downloaded again today for a fresh install on a new physical box. 

The goal of this simple sequence is to wrap a trailer in lights for running around the neighborhood on Halloween....Just want it to look like it's on fire as we play Yo Ho -Pirates Life.  I could probably just play it in the sequencer as a 10 second loop but would really like to know how to just make the transition last for an entire sequence.

Thanks for any guidance. FYI - All my controllers setup and all output correctly. 

Alan

you might try the fire effect in nutcracker and then create a UserPatterns.xml file for lsp. that way you could ewasily copy the effect and paste it multiple times.

not sure if my fire effect is good enough for what you want.

another idea, get an animated gif of fire and use it
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bajadahl

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, »
I tried that earlier this morning and was having a bit of trouble. (I didn't document the error I received so don't give it any thought please)   I wasn't going to bother you with that because I know your plate is rather full.  However, I just tried again with nutcracker and it worked perfectly.  This is just a last minute thing for a Halloween Hayride trailer.  Thanks for nudging me back in the right direction.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, »
Are you creating your own video to be used in the transition?  The total frames should not exceed the length of the video.  You might want to add four 30 seq sequences.  Use about 5 - 10 frames per second for better results. 

As for codec errors, I reencoded all of the built in effects to DIVX AVI files.  Once I did this, all of the codec issues went away.  klite installs so much extra stuff. 

Offline bajadahl

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Are you creating your own video to be used in the transition?  The total frames should not exceed the length of the video.  You might want to add four 30 seq sequences.  Use about 5 - 10 frames per second for better results. 

As for codec errors, I reencoded all of the built in effects to DIVX AVI files.  Once I did this, all of the codec issues went away.  klite installs so much extra stuff.

I was truly just trying to keep it simple and was using the built in fire effects video.  I tried looping the video (OR the setting I thought would loop the video) to allow for a longer effect but that didn't work either.  I will try again today with a 30 sec sequence.  I will also play with re-encoding the effects.

Thank You for the tips,
Alan