Author Topic: LSP Issue  (Read 4219 times)

Offline caretaker

Re: LSP Issue
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, »
Ok I see a couple things.

1. Right click on your ICON for LSP2.5 and select "Run as Administrator" and see if that makes any difference.
2. There seems to be a problem with a Active X control not being allowed to run, this may be fixed my above OR you may need check in IE and see what Active X controls are being blocked (just a guess but perhaps Divx?) 
3. Taking a closer look at the logs it looks as though something (antivirus software?) is preventing LSP from using IE to check to see if your license is valid.

Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, »
Another suggestion.

Go to IE and reset all the settings to their defaults.  Start IE, go to settings, select advanced tab and choose Reset.  If that doesn't work, try and uninstall your AV software.   

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
LSP Issue
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, »
Tried all of the above and still no go.
Sebastian from California

Offline caretaker

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, »
Ok according to Microsoft it has to do with Visual Basic You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login but they also talk about .net So I would download visual studio 2008 runtime and see if that fixes the problem. Also make sure you have the latest updates for .NET 4
Jeff Squires

Offline tng5737

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, »
LSP 2.5 requires NET 4      If I remember correctly, when LSP 2.5 is first installed it should have checked for the presence of NET 4 and offered to download and install it.  I do not believe that on subsequent installs that it does this checking. IF installing NET 4 does not work then you could try doing a CLEAN install.  If you search over at LSP forums you can get directions on how to do this, but basically you have to uninstall the product - delete the directories and also the dir for LSP in the local/app folder.   Under the Program Files you may have both a Graphosx and a Minleon folder since LSP did not delete the former dir when the new 2.5 was installed.  the dir under the local/app dir should be called LightshoPro.  Do not forget to save any customized items such as the User......xml files if you have 'object', 'paterns', etc... Also before you uninstall LSP save and unload your license to another safe' dir which won't be affected by the uninstall.  the dir under 'My Documents' can be left, however, I would also back those up just to be safe.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, »
A few more things to try:

Ensure LSP 2.5 is running in Advanced Full feature mode.  You get this option during install or first run, I can't quite remember.  Other users have reported issues when this is set to the middle or lower value
Reinstall IE9
Using Windows System Restore, go back to the time you know it was working.  You may still have an active checkpoint.

Michael

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, »
Did a complete clean install and still the same issue. Removed Antivirus and same issue. Cannot restore past the date it started happening.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, »
Did you install the Visual Studio runtime and install?  I would also do a install of .NET 4 
Jeff Squires

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, »
I installed Visual Studio runtime and it told me i had a newer version of it. The .net 4 was removed during the clean restart and re-installed during the new LSP install.

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, »
Jeff (Caretaker), just want to say thank you again for spending time today trying to troubleshoot by LSP issue. Although the issue still exist I just really appreciate your help on the matter.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, »
Your welcome, I am only sorry i couldn't help more.
For others following this thread these are things it's NOT:
1. Checked and repaired .Net 4 (and all others)
2. Visual Studio (MS C++ runtime) OK
3. Running as ADMIN doesn't change things.

From what I saw it seems to be something blocking ActiveX controls but I couldn't nail down what was doing it.  FSecure is partially installed but Sebastian stated then when FSecure was completely removed it didn't change (unsure if reboot after uninstall) Finally suggested checking pop up blocker on IE (I know it shouldn't have anything to do with LSP but there where a few references on the net to it blocking other programs) and reinstall of IE 9
Jeff Squires

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, »
I Jeff, i did the following
1. Removed Fsecure completely and installed Microsoft Essentials. Still have same issue
2. Ive removed and installed IE8, ( i cant get IE9 with windows XP),. Still have same issue
3. Turned off pop up blocker. Still have same issue.