Author Topic: xLights + Etherdongle = jerky response?  (Read 2455 times)

Offline akonkman

Re: xLights + Etherdongle = jerky response?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, »
I was having the same jerky response here, and it was happening even when I removed LSP from the mix and just used the xLights RGB cycle "Mixed Colors" test on my etherdongle-connected pixels.  My E681-connected pixels were nice and smooth, but my etherdongle pixels were pretty jerky (about one update per 1/2 second).

I discovered that the issue was due to a bug in the etherdongle firmware, as referenced here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As soon as I added another channel in the 1-512 range to the RGB cycle Mixed Colors test, everything turned real smooth. 

As a work-around, I'm planning on adding a bunch of ramp up/down stuff to one of my unused channels in the 1-512 range within LSP. 

Just thought I'd share this, as perhaps the mysterious jerky response others were seeing as described in this thread was actually caused by the same thing.

Andy

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: xLights + Etherdongle = jerky response?
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was having the same jerky response here, and it was happening even when I removed LSP from the mix and just used the xLights RGB cycle "Mixed Colors" test on my etherdongle-connected pixels.  My E681-connected pixels were nice and smooth, but my etherdongle pixels were pretty jerky (about one update per 1/2 second).

I discovered that the issue was due to a bug in the etherdongle firmware, as referenced here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As soon as I added another channel in the 1-512 range to the RGB cycle Mixed Colors test, everything turned real smooth. 

As a work-around, I'm planning on adding a bunch of ramp up/down stuff to one of my unused channels in the 1-512 range within LSP. 

Just thought I'd share this, as perhaps the mysterious jerky response others were seeing as described in this thread was actually caused by the same thing.

Andy

Thanks for the figuring this out! I was able to replicate and solve the issue with this information. The fix will be in the next release of xLights.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login