Author Topic: Loosing Internet with Controller Test Hardware!?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
I am not sure if this is a bug or if I have a setting wrong somewhere, but when when I run a hardware test in LSP (V.19419) I loose all internet access on all computers. I notice that as soon as I open the hardware test panel the data light on the ETD goes solid on. The lights will run during the test. I am running ETD (Flashed for Pixelnet)>Active Hub (DMX Output)>Controller. I am planning on running a conductor this year so it may not even be a worry for me, but I would like to get the setting correct if it is me. Also I can run a test in Xlights and it has no effect on internet.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Re: Loosing Internet with Controller Test Hardware!?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, »
The same thing happened to me. So I installed an additional Ethernet interface card. Now all my e131 traffic is on that interface.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, »
Funny thing is... at the end of last season I did some testing, while my lights were still up, and after some help with set up  I was able to run shows with the ETD that did not affect the internet. That was with V2 and Xlights. I was evevn able to run it wireless. Now with V2,5 this.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, »
This is just a total guess on my part.

Your computer might be over taxed with the over head of LSP along with the E1.31 standard that requires that the info must be constantly be send out. Causing your computer not having enough left to receive data from the internet.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, »
This is just a total guess on my part.

Your computer might be over taxed with the over head of LSP along with the E1.31 standard that requires that the info must be constantly be send out. Causing your computer not having enough left to receive data from the internet.

Rick R.

I cannot say no for sure, but I built the best system that I could 2 years ago. It is a Quad Core, Win 7 64, 16g mem, ss hard drives. And LSP has always been a hog and ran the end/begining of this year. I really think it is an LSP issue, but I could be wrong. It is like it totally takes over the router. The data light on the ETD going "Solid on" no flicker has to be a clue of some type I would think. The light goes solid the second that I open the test hardware. I don't even need to turn a channel on.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, »
It could be you ethernet port. Like you said once you turn on the hardware test. LSP is going full stream broadcasting out the ethernet port. Most likely sending out a bunch of zeros. How many channels did you setup for the etherdongle? If you did the full 16384 try lowering that number to 4096.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, »
How many channels did you setup for the etherdongle? If you did the full 16384 try lowering that number to 4096.

Rick R.

I do have the full 16384 set up, but I only have the first 1-512 "active". I will try removing the others tonight and see.
I had a full 16384 set up in Xlights as well.

Like I said in my first post this is probably a moot point for me if I get my conductor running, but if someone else has this issue it would be nice to get it resolved.

dandyman

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, »
I had the same type of issue w/LSP and the older router I had (10/100 Mbit)... When I was running a file in the sequencer and had the output turned on, the wireless part of the router would just act like it was not connected... I upgraded to a Gigabit router and everything was fine after that.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, »
I had the same type of issue w/LSP and the older router I had (10/100 Mbit)... When I was running a file in the sequencer and had the output turned on, the wireless part of the router would just act like it was not connected... I upgraded to a Gigabit router and everything was fine after that.

Thanks, But mine is a new (well first of the year)  Link Sys.