Author Topic: Try to run DMX module from my Pixelnet EtherDongle !!!!!  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Danbe

I use LOR software  and Pixelnet EtherDongle with PixelNet 16 Port Active Hub etc... I have few coro decoration  So I try connect this module device RGB from my Pixelnet EtherDongle I can't find out how to run that  from my Pixelnet EtherDongle I did some Search But no luck. Last year  was  ok because running from my USB EtherDongle   DAn

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
I am guessing you need to use the DMX output from the 16 port active hub. The dmx module would not work with the pixelnet data.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rm357

Try to run DMX module from my Pixelnet EtherDongle !!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, »
The DMX mirrors one 512 channel block of pixelnet depending on which position is jumper end.

Pic needs to be programmed...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Two choices.  Either use the DMX out on the Hub or reflash the ED to use DMX vs. PixelNet.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
I ran my coro stuff with pixelnet USB last year, and I've repeated it with pixelnet EtDs this year.

first, make sure your 3-channel controllers are properly set with a starting channel number.  You can use a DMX dongle, or a test cable to check it out.

as the others have said... if using a pixelnet dongle (USB or EtD), you need to translate the pixelnet protocol to DMX, and to do so requires using the Smart Hub.  It will mirror a page of the 4096 pixelnet channels so that you have 512 of them available as DMX channels. 

The DMX channels will still be numbered in the range of 1-512...  even though you might have them mirrored from a page anywhere in the 4096 channels.  For example: DMX channel 1 could be pixelnet channel 1025 if you selected the 3rd DMX universe (page).

Steve
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Danbe

Big thank everything working  Daniel

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
good explanation Steve. That's almost WikiWisdom!

-Paul
Leesburg, FL