Author Topic: TX/RX v2 Wireless and DC power connector  (Read 2182 times)

Offline DanHouston

TX/RX v2 Wireless and DC power connector
« on: October 31, 2012, »
It looks like someone already updated the BOM for discontinued part# 163-7620-E to be the previously recommended part# 163-7620E-E. I completed building 2 about two weeks ago and while the part does work I did have to file down a couple of the legs to fit in the hole on the PCB. Not sure if others have experienced this or not.

Thanks,
Dan

2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline crazybob

Re: TX/RX v2 Wireless and DC power connector
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, »
I ran into this during my build today. Everything fit nicely after filing two of the legs down. I haven't tested yet though, as Mouser seems to have messed up a good portion of my order.
Instead of red LEDs, I got a two large four pin metal terminal connectors.  <fp.
They also didn't pack the 330 ohm resistors, and gave me the too large (i believe they are 1/2 watt) 180 ohm resistors.
Does Mouser screw up orders this bad quite often?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Does Mouser screw up orders this bad quite often?

Sorry to hear about your issues! As with any company mistakes will happen, but I must say that I have placed over 30 orders from Mouser and have never had a wrong part. I must say that with all of the small parts that they are dealing with I would expect more mistakes. Maybe you got all of the mistakes in one order!  <fp.

Offline crazybob

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, »
Maybe the guy packing my order was a newbie. I expect that companies mess up once in a while, it just seemed like many mistakes in one order. Good to know this isn't a normal thing for them.
I sent them an email last night asking how this can be fixed. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, »
I have ordered many times from mouser, and only had 1 item missed. Mouser sent me the missed item and a couple sample items.

I have no worry when placing an order.
Have Fun!

Offline crazybob

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, »
They are overnighting the missing parts at no charge to me. The issue was taken care of very quickly. Must have just had bad luck on this order.