Author Topic: DMX Wireless to Audio Wireless???  (Read 2368 times)

Offline testylefty

DMX Wireless to Audio Wireless???
« on: March 28, 2013, »
Has there been any thought or consideration to take wireless to the next level and develop a wireless unit to transmit/receive an audio signal to compliment the wireless dmx unit?  This seems like a natural progression in developing a complete wireless community.

Offline crazybob

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, »
I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I think there are so many options available for this that most people here don't have a need.
Most people in this community use a wireless FM transmitter to send the audio to viewers radios. This can be hooked directly to the show computer.
Also, there are MANY wireless audio devices on the market, ranging from wireless transmitter/receivers to wireless speaker systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline rm357

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, »
I concur with crazybob. I already have an fm transmitter - just need another weatherproof enclosure to put it in...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline DonFL

Re: DMX Wireless to Audio Wireless???
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, »
I had thought about a similar idea for situations where you want to place speakers in your yard to complement the FM transmitter and car audio. Its also something to think about when you consider that car systems are adding more and more capabilities, so internet streaming audio, etc. could soon be pretty common. so an IP based audio pipe makes sense.

What I found was commercial "IP audio link" systems are pretty pricey...way more than I wanted to put into it. For now, it would appear good old ISM-band wireless speakers are the way to go from an economics standpoint, as opposed to an IP solution.

Offline crazybob

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, »
As far as speakers in the yard-
If you have an FM transmitter for your display, the rest is easy. I use a dollar tree "Personal FM Radio" and a set of cheap powered computer speakers. They both sit in a waterproof covering in the yard, and work great for light audio in the yard.

Offline DonFL

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, »
Definitely a simpler option, either that way or the usual wireless approach..

But who wants simple?  ;D

Offline crazybob

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But who wants simple?  ;D

Valid point.

Offline rm357

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, »
Well, I mean if you are looking for a use for the moon rock crystal oscillator...

Now where did that rock get off to...

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As far as speakers in the yard-
If you have an FM transmitter for your display, the rest is easy. I use a dollar tree "Personal FM Radio" and a set of cheap powered computer speakers. They both sit in a waterproof covering in the yard, and work great for light audio in the yard.

$1 used clock radio at Goodwill on a lamp timer, wrapped in a black plastic garbage bag.

\dmc