Author Topic: Nutcracker Project Timing musings  (Read 649 times)

Offline injury

Nutcracker Project Timing musings
« on: November 01, 2012, »
Let me preface by saying I haven't messed with projects (and currently not really planning to use them this year) so my experience is limited to watching one of the tutorials a while back where Sean kind of laid out how they were going to work before they were actually released. However this thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login got me thinking. If this already exists just tell me to shut up.

The way I remember it being described is you have this single master timing file created in audacity and that is linked to an MP3, assign your effects on the marks and Bob's your uncle a sequence is born. Does the ability exist or are there plans for stacking multiple different timing files with a single song and for example tie the different files to different effect models. I know when I do a song I actually make several beat tracks for the different parts I want and usually have a different part of the display working on each part (though they do span display elements at times). So drums will be one beat channel, choir another, say piano or guitar is another until I've got all the parts I care about and thus have my "light orchestra score" all set like I like it. This lets me deal with parts that overlap pretty accurately. I was thinking having such ability to assign the different parts to a project from the saved timings would seem to really increase flexibility for different sized displays as well. If someone has a small display of just roof lights and only really cares about drum/bass then he just picks that track, but then another guy has the GDP of a small nation in his display and wants all the parts to all different models he just selects those for his.