Author Topic: firmware  (Read 1825 times)

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
firmware
« on: November 03, 2012, »
when will dmx firmware for conductor be posted on wiki
and interface software
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rm357

firmware
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, »
It doesn't exist yet...

It's on RJ's to do list, but there are other things that are also on that list that have a higher priority... Like the pixelnet slave... The v3 ssc test firmware (just released)... Etc...

Once it is completed, it will need to be beta tested and if everything goes well then it will be posted.

If you have bet the farm on having it by Christmas, you may want to start considering other alternatives to formulate a backup plan - like using the DMX out on an active hub or using xlights with the etherdongle DMX firmware.

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline brandonj

Re: firmware
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, »
ergh!

This is a killer for my show. I don't have an active hub, and all my hardware is DMX. 

Any chance of a beta release we can try?

Offline complacent_one

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, »
Just run the DMX firm with the EtD and dedicate a show computer.  In the same boat here..no pixelnet...So i just wont use the conductor but the "show will go on"...

Offline rm357

firmware
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, »
At least you guys have conductors. The coop opened and closed so fast that I never had a chance, but that's ok. I'm so far behind that I'm thinking I may just do something real simple this year...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, »
On the subject of firmware - In other builds and posts, it is always suggested that you Erase the PIC prior to writing new firmware.  When programming the EtD, I followed these steps but when I went to program my Conductor, I noticed it is the same chipset and we are connecting through the EtD.  The build manual does not state to erase first, so this is not a good practice in this case?
- Mark

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, »
Erasing is always optional and I really don't see all that much of an advantage in doing it.  The step was probably just forgotten but since it is not required, no real harm either way.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, »
Erasing is always optional and I really don't see all that much of an advantage in doing it.  The step was probably just forgotten but since it is not required, no real harm either way.

Thank you Sir
- Mark

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, »
While there is no DMX firmware for the conductor; I was thinking that we could still pull 512 DMX channels off the Active hub with the Pixelnet firmware.
Am I wrong?
And also just to make sure.  I have to place the "Conductor Pixelnet" firmware on the Etherdongle Pic when the Conductor is installed?

Thanks

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, »
While there is no DMX firmware for the conductor; I was thinking that we could still pull 512 DMX channels off the Active hub with the Pixelnet firmware.
Correct

Am I wrong?
And also just to make sure.  I have to place the "Conductor Pixelnet" firmware on the Etherdongle Pic when the Conductor is installed?
Yes, to use the conductor

if you left the regular pixelnet EtherDongle on, it would still just act like an EtherDongle without the conductor attached)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!