Author Topic: EtD Built but nothing is happening  (Read 4239 times)

Offline caretaker

Re: EtD Built but nothing is happening
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You may have a bad 50MHZ xtal,  you should be getting 3.3 volts between pins 4 & 8, BUT before you pull the Xtal get in touch with RJ also Hold your board up to the lights and look at the legs on the Ethernet smd chip (the smaller one) and make sure the pins look squarely on the pads and there is no connections between pins EXCEPT for the pins 35 and 36 which has a trace connecting them. I wish I could give you a better diagnosis but RJ is the one that can give you a more information more likely pinpoint the problem without replacing a lot of parts.

I appreciate your efforts Jeff, I sent him a PM last night just waiting for those 2 seconds of spare time in his day  ;D

That what I like most about this board is the amount of people willing to help!  Hope you able to get your sick EtD working soon.
Jeff Squires

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, »
Rick and all,

I really need someone's help with my ED.  I know RJ is busy, I have not received a reply since I sent my PM Monday.  Will any of you propeller heads (just kidding) be able to walk through some test points?  I have finished my Conductor and Slave and have nothing to test them with.  I have programmed the ED with both DMX as well as PixelNet firmware but no change.  I have measured voltage at several points and know that I am getting 3.3 volts but LED nor lights at the MagicJack.  I have been through my solder points 50 ways to Sunday and cannot find any bridges nor cold joints.  I am at a complete loss.

Thanks in advance, again, for your help!!
- Mark

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, »
My only suggestion would be to replace the two crystals. Its rare but a couple of them have come damaged or were damaged during soldering.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, »
Rick and all,

I really need someone's help with my ED.  I know RJ is busy, I have not received a reply since I sent my PM Monday.  Will any of you propeller heads (just kidding) be able to walk through some test points?  I have finished my Conductor and Slave and have nothing to test them with.  I have programmed the ED with both DMX as well as PixelNet firmware but no change.  I have measured voltage at several points and know that I am getting 3.3 volts but LED nor lights at the MagicJack.  I have been through my solder points 50 ways to Sunday and cannot find any bridges nor cold joints.  I am at a complete loss.

Thanks in advance, again, for your help!!

There is a person in Kennesaw, GA on this forum that might be able to help you, name is Jim Nealand, but has not been on this forum recently, I am in Cleveland TN if you are in the area and can help you also.

PM me if you want.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, »
Mark and I have corresponded before, but I am not qualified to debug an ETD.  I do have two that are working, but no spares.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, »
I can try to help you. I will send you a PM.