Author Topic: File Names  (Read 3042 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
File Names
« on: November 05, 2012, »
I don't see this posted or I just can't find it  :)

This got me so thought I would share, when putting your files (seq/mp3) on the conductor make sure you rename them to 8 chars or less before you place it on the card/conductor.  If you don't it won't work and you'll pull your hair out wondering why  8)

The file names need to be 8 chars or less to be used.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
Re: File Names
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, »
How are you renaming your .vix files?  For example I have a vix file named runrud.vix   if I rename it runrud.seq I can see it on the conductor and add it to my show, however it only plays for 34 seconds and shuts off.  Do I have to convert all my .vix files I want to use over to .seq with xlights instead of just renaming them?

SO I tested some time tonight and converted the file with xlights, now my seq and song plays for an additional 10 seconds but this is all.  The song is 3 minutes long. I will be moving my post to the troubleshooting section.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, by Freebird »
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: File Names
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, »
You only rename the files to shorten then to 8 or less characters. You don't rename the extensions. You have to run the xLights conversion program. Kind of surprise that a renamed file extensions even works at all.

Your sequence files on the CF card are junk files and you need to reformat the CF and put proper files on it.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required