Author Topic: Control Panel does not Recognize my conductor  (Read 1648 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Control Panel does not Recognize my conductor
« on: November 05, 2012, »
Just built my conductor, installed on Etd, flashed with conductor firmware. When I start the control panel it does not recognize my unit. I have cat5 cable going in from router, just as before the Conductor. Light on mp3 panel is on and connectivity lights are blinking as usual.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
Re: Control Panel does not Recognize my conductor
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, »
The control panel will not recognize the Conductor until you have created:

1) at least one *.seq and/or *.mp3 file on the compact flash (CF) card,
2) created a password, which will create a password.dat file on the CF card,
3) create at least one show, which will create a file *.sho on the CF card, and
4) schedule a show to run, which will create a playlist.dat file on the CF card.

All four of these must be met before the control panel will see the Conductor.

Note:

1) All files names must be 8 characters or less. 
2) Do not ever delete or rename any files on the compact flash card. If you do you will have to reformat the CF card and copy your files back to the CF card before the Conductor will play your show(s).

Denny

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, »
I thought that you were supposed to use the control panel to put your sequences on the flash card and build your shows with it. So what you are saying is that you have to another compact flash reader to put the information on the drive? I have one, but that does not seem right. I did know about the 8 characters. And from RJs video he actually stated that you do not have to have a password to start.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, »
Yes, you connect the CF to the computer running the conductor and load the show and schedule files.  Then you remove the CF card and insert it into the conductor.  You cannot load files over the network.  You can only check status, start show, set time, etc. 

Do you see a card error message?  If you are having issues connecting, you can also try to connect directly from the ED to the PC.  Since my laptop is an older laptop, I had to use a crossover cable.  New PCs will auto detect and crossover for you.  If you have a 3rd party firewall blocking software, you may need to allow the Conductor software firewall access. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, »
Thanks for the info guys. I do not have any errors and did allow through firewall. I will load some sequences and try again. I guess I need to watch the video again....

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, »
I finally can see the Conductor over ethernet. I had 2 firewalls to turn off. Also, since I have a Switch, I noticed that there were no green lights for activity where normally there is LOTS of flashing. My switch had disabled the port apparently. Power off and on fixed that.

Now that I can see Conductor data, I've got to figure out why my test lights are not lighting. They did when the ED was flashed for Pixelnet, but for now, nothing.

Here is what my Conductor control panel looks like when the Firewall(s) let it communicate:

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, »
The CF card used in the Conductor is read-only.  You can't update the card when it's in the Conductor that can only be done via your computer with a CF card reader attached using the Conductor Control Panel (CCP).  When the CF card is in the Conductor the CCP is used to monitor, manually start/stop shows, re-sync computer and Conductor time, enable/disable your schedule, reset Conductor and change the volume left and right audio levels.  Without the password set you will only be able to monitor and not issue any commands to the Conductor.

Denny

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I finally can see the Conductor over ethernet. I had 2 firewalls to turn off. Also, since I have a Switch, I noticed that there were no green lights for activity where normally there is LOTS of flashing. My switch had disabled the port apparently. Power off and on fixed that.

Now that I can see Conductor data, I've got to figure out why my test lights are not lighting. They did when the ED was flashed for Pixelnet, but for now, nothing.

Here is what my Conductor control panel looks like when the Firewall(s) let it communicate:

Yep, that's what it looks like when you've established communications with the Conductor.

Good job!

Denny

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, »
Just got my Conductor running with the Etherdongle after exporting the sequences from LSP 2.5

I threw my most complex sequence that was giving me light lag when running in the LSP scheduler, and it just ran spot on, timing was spot on, no lagging. It just ran like it should.

Awesome, thanks to RJ and the COOP teams!!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just got my Conductor running with the Etherdongle after exporting the sequences from LSP 2.5

I threw my most complex sequence that was giving me light lag when running in the LSP scheduler, and it just ran spot on, timing was spot on, no lagging. It just ran like it should.

Awesome, thanks to RJ and the COOP teams!!!

Glad to hear that!