Author Topic: Xlights set up with LOR and LSP?  (Read 8654 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Xlights set up with LOR and LSP?
« on: November 06, 2012, »
Ok I need some one to hold my hand on how to use xlights with my LSP and LOR Sequences, With LSP exports to .lms (LOR), after converting with Xlights the wrong lights are controlled with some missing. I also have a few short (4 to 5 channel) LOR Built sequences that after converted don't even play. I do not know how to set up my controllers in LOR for Xlights to use. I have LSP 2.5 and LOR 3.8.0. My set up is

Etd\Conductor-Active Hub-TX\RX-LE Controllers-LOR Controllers. Running around 400 channels DMX and around 10,000 Pixelnet. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Note: I do not know code at all! I can barely type my own name.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: Xlights set up with LOR and LSP?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, »
My whitepaper may help. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, »
Hi Roger,

For LSP you can use my tool:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The big thing is to make sure we know how your channels are configured in LOR.  If you would like I have a script that will extract channel names and configuration so that you can view them easily in Excel.

how did you set up your networks in xLights before the conversion? What Network did you configure the channels for in LOR?

Have you tested the channels in xLights?

give me some pointers in the right direction and I will be glad to help you out.

Frank

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, »
My whitepaper may help. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks Mike, I totally for got about that. Notice that I am the first to post below that!  <fp. But Even with that last year I could still not get Xlights to 100% correct, got frustrated and gave up. Now starting again!

Hi Roger,

For LSP you can use my tool:

The big thing is to make sure we know how your channels are configured in LOR.  If you would like I have a script that will extract channel names and configuration so that you can view them easily in Excel.

how did you set up your networks in xLights before the conversion? What Network did you configure the channels for in LOR?

Have you tested the channels in xLights?

give me some pointers in the right direction and I will be glad to help you out.

Frank

1.I would Love the script.
2. Xlights Network is E131= 32 universes-512 channels each
3. No network set up in LOR, I have my channel set to DMX and the DMX channel number assigned, but that is it since I was not planning on driving show with LOR I did not set up network. I did not think that LOR supported E131 yet.
4. I tried your program last night on one of my LSP sequences. It imported, but I could not get export to do anything.
5. Have Etd I have been testing with flashed for Conductor now, but I do have 2 other Etds that I can flash for Pixelnet and test in Xlights. I could NOT get lights to run in test with Xlights before reflash.

Thanks for the help guys! I would really like to have a reliable show this year! Almost did not do a show this because of the issues I have had the last 2 years. I have decides that this is a "Test" year.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, »
Just a note: I can control all of my lights in LSP... well all the DMX anyway, I don't have my Pixelnet out yet. I also ran a test last night, with the lights that I do have up, with the Conductor. Lights ran, but not the correct channels at the correct time...thus my post.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, »

1.I would Love the script.
2. Xlights Network is E131= 32 universes-512 channels each
3. No network set up in LOR, I have my channel set to DMX and the DMX channel number assigned, but that is it since I was not planning on driving show with LOR I did not set up network. I did not think that LOR supported E131 yet.
4. I tried your program last night on one of my LSP sequences. It imported, but I could not get export to do anything.
5. Have Etd I have been testing with flashed for Conductor now, but I do have 2 other Etds that I can flash for Pixelnet and test in Xlights. I could NOT get lights to run in test with Xlights before reflash.

Thanks for the help guys! I would really like to have a reliable show this year! Almost did not do a show this because of the issues I have had the last 2 years. I have decides that this is a "Test" year.

3.  That Should not matter.  I was not really asking about that.
4.  When you do the export a .xseq, and since you have 32 e.131 networks a .seq file, will be created in the directory where the sequence lives (if it is not there check C:\xlights)
5. AS I understand it from some of the recent threads if an etd is flashed for conductor you will not be able to control it remotely via xLights, or any other software for that matter.

Since you say that the DMX channels were able to be controlled that rules out an unflashed active hub (Been there done that...).

Since the conductor is working that is a good sign.  Now all we have to do is figure out what is going on with the channel mappings.

Frank

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, »

3.  That Should not matter.  I was not really asking about that.
4.  When you do the export a .xseq, and since you have 32 e.131 networks a .seq file, will be created in the directory where the sequence lives (if it is not there check C:\xlights)
5. AS I understand it from some of the recent threads if an etd is flashed for conductor you will not be able to control it remotely via xLights, or any other software for that matter.

Since you say that the DMX channels were able to be controlled that rules out an unflashed active hub (Been there done that...).

Since the conductor is working that is a good sign.  Now all we have to do is figure out what is going on with the channel mappings.

Frank

4. I will check tonight when I get home from work.

You are correct about testing with the conductor, but I do have another etd that I can use.

The Channel mapping is what kept me from using Xlights last year. I just could not get it correct. I am sure that it is something that I am doing (or not doing). I just hope that with help I can figure it out.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, »
Hi Roger,

I am hoping to publish a script for you that can parse out the channel configurations in LOR or LSP files into a csv file.  This will give us a nice way to look at potential miss configurations.  How do you have your xlights networks configured? You might want to post a copy of your xlights_networks.xml file just so we can see what you are doing there.

Also, if you use my tool above to do LSP conversions it will create a logfile file with information from the conversion process.  This file my help us identify any collisions of channels etc...

Finally, in my conversion tool is the activity field showing as "Done" or "Error" when you go to export?

Frank

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, »
Frank I can be a lot more help once I get home today, but your conversion said done. It took a very long time to import, by that I mean 4-5 min maybe (seems longer when you sit there and watch the screen), but then when I went to export it did not appear that anything happened at all. I looked for the file in the same directory, but did not search others.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, »
Frank the log file shows generating xseq but I cannot find the files anywhere.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, »
I need some help with Mickpat's whitepaper instructions.

Step 6= Copy setnet.py and XMLSearchReplace.exe to the convert directory

There is no setnet.py. There is setnet, but I must have missed something somewhere.

1. Download and install Python. DONE
2. Download and install Xml Search and Replace from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Used to replace unit number.) Done
3. Open command prompt. Start / Run / CMD.EXE.
4. Create a new directory called convert. DONE
5. Export from LSP to LMS and save in convert directory. DONE

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, »
Did you check the directory where the original sequences reside? There should be a file in that directory with the same name as the original sequence but ending in .xseq and one ending in .log.  IF the files are not there they could be in C:\xlights or whatever directory you have configured under options->settings->temp directory.

Frank

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, »
Frank I forgot to post. Found in in my LSP directory. It did run in Xlights as well.  Now how do I convert to Conductor format? Also still having trouble with the LOR sequence.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, »
Hi Roger,

If you have the full 16384 channels configured in your network configuration then you will get a .seq file to go with your .xseq file.  The easiest way to get teh right channel count have 32 E1.31 universes configured in the network setup.

Frank

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, »
Frank I saw an seq file right above the xseq file. I thought that it was the one that I converted yesterday to test the conductor. I will try it tomorrow an see how it runs throught the conductor. Thank you so much for your help and for the program!

Do you know how I can get my LMS file to convert and run?

BTW Sorry to be such a PITA!