Author Topic: Reopen xlights and LOR S3 subject...  (Read 2387 times)

Offline gsxrgirl7

Reopen xlights and LOR S3 subject...
« on: September 05, 2012, »
I have read several posts now about how to get LOR and pixelnet to work properly, and I am still a bit confused.  It looks from some of the other posts that some were able to get it to work with LOR and pixelnet, and doing it without the superstar add on, but trying to determine the channel configuration, the networks, etc, was a bit confusing going back and forth between everyone's pots.   I was wondering if any you could help me.  I am about to pull my hair out trying to get this figured out.  If it can be done between LOR and x-lights without huge hassle, I am all ears.  My setup is basically this, I currently use LOR for my sequencer, I would have about 48 regular channels, thru my lynx expresses, and 17 RGB/DMX channels, and then 7 flex strips of 120 nodes each, making 2520 channels of pixelnet.  I have LOR S3 advanced license.  I do not have superstar add on.

I have an etherdongle, an active hub, all my SSC's, I have the flex strips, all have been flashed, tested and work.  But getting the configuration and setup in LOR has been the killer.  Making sure there is no duplication so that way there is no confusion in the software when its trying to talk, also with the 512 universe dmx issues, and pixelnet compatabilities, not wanting to go through and name 2520 channels one at a time, etc...  I am open to however anyone can help if they have gotten this to work.

I am just at a loss trying to determine how to setup these channels.  I have posted in 1 or two other threads but with no responses yet.  And then I saw a post titled LOR and xlights S3 but it said the post was so old to start a new one.  That post is where I saw all the details about where people had some success, so I wanted to get some clarification and see if what I am trying to do will work?  And maybe some help as to how to set it up...

If its easier to explain something like this over the telephone, I am open to that as well, or a video conference...
Thanks again to all in this group who have helped thus far!  I appreciate everything everyone does for all in this group!!

Julie
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, »
I used xLights to run 12 flex strips, 90+ 50/50 square nodes, and over 400 DMX channels sequenced primarily in LOR; so it can be done. Setting up the channels in LOR can be a pain, but I found these steps to be the easiest when setting up a flex strip.

1. Add channels. Insert 360 (or 363 if using hybrid mode for your SS). Don't worry with the names at this point as you'll rename them later.

2. Click on the first channel to modify the channel settings. Again, don't worry with the name. Set the Device Type to "Light-O-Rama Controller".  Set the appropriate Network (regular, Aux A, etc.), Unit ID, and Circuit. For example, if you have 48 channels of DMX and want to start your Pixelnet on channel 49, the Unit (Hex ID) would be 4 and the Circuit would be 1.  Click OK.

3. An Autopopulate Channels? dialog box will pop up and this is where you will modify the setting for the remainder of the flex strip pixels. On the drop down menu for Controller Type, select 368 channels and click OK.

4. Convert channels to RGB, which will rename them. Right click on the first channel that you created, and select Convert to RGB Channel. Change the RBG Channel Name to something you want followed by a P - for pixel (e.g., FlexStrip 1, P). Click the box next to "Also do this for the following channel" and set the number of RGB channels to 120. Click OK.

You should now have 120 RGB channels appropriately named and configured.

You'll need to follow the same process to set up the channels for each flex strip. Getting the correct Hex IDS will be critical for it to work correctly in xLights  I created a spreadsheet that I can sent to help with that if you'd like.

There may be other (and better) ways to set up the channels; but this method worked for me. Hope it helps.
tlh/Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, »
That would be great if you could send it.  I will pm you with my info!!  Thank you sooo much!  I will definitely try that and see how it works. 

Helen Keller

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, »
Hi, Julie-
Look for the files in a separate email. I also included a sample lms file that may be helpful.  It may not be the most elegant way to configure the channels, but it worked for me. Let me know if you run into any troubles. Best regards,
tlh/Terry

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, »
Yes I just received your email!  Thanks again and I will let you know if I have any trouble or questions.  Will attempt to work on that this evening after work! 

Thanks again for your help! 
Julie

Helen Keller

Offline TheQueb

Re: Reopen xlights and LOR S3 subject...
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I created a spreadsheet that I can sent to help with that if you'd like.

Would you mind sending that spreadsheet my way also? igetgobsofjunk AT swbell DOT net

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, »
Hello?

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Would you mind sending that spreadsheet my way also? igetgobsofjunk AT swbell DOT net

Apparently I overlooked this thread.  The spreadsheet had been emailed. With the next release of xLights, using DMX universes will be an option as I understand it.  That will be a bit easier than the method set forth in the spreadsheet.  Let me know of questions.

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, »
Hmm. In looking for the email I realized that this swbell.net address is no longer active.  :o  Not sure what happened there.  Can you send it to thequebs AT gmail DOT com please? :)

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, »
No worries. Sent to new email.

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, »
Thanks!