Author Topic: Xlights set up with LOR and LSP?  (Read 8586 times)

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: Xlights set up with LOR and LSP?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Frank I saw an seq file right above the xseq file. I thought that it was the one that I converted yesterday to test the conductor. I will try it tomorrow an see how it runs throught the conductor. Thank you so much for your help and for the program!

Do you know how I can get my LMS file to convert and run?

BTW Sorry to be such a PITA!

LOL trust me I have lived the pain so you are not a PITA :)  I am glad to help others make it through the pain.

The LMS files should be able to go direct through the xLights conversion tool.  I think we just need to make sure your channels are configured properly there.

Frank

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, »
I need some help with Mickpat's whitepaper instructions.

Step 6= Copy setnet.py and XMLSearchReplace.exe to the convert directory

There is no setnet.py. There is setnet, but I must have missed something somewhere.

1. Download and install Python. DONE
2. Download and install Xml Search and Replace from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Used to replace unit number.) Done
3. Open command prompt. Start / Run / CMD.EXE.
4. Create a new directory called convert. DONE
5. Export from LSP to LMS and save in convert directory. DONE

In the original post, I included a file called setnet.txt.  Just rename this to setnet.py.  You can open this file in notepad to make any changes.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, »
The LMS files should be able to go direct through the xLights conversion tool.  I think we just need to make sure your channels are configured properly there.

Frank

First thanks for being patient with me. My LMS channels are very basic. I have one controller set with the first 4 channels to 161-164 on one sequence.... A bell just went off in my head. All of the other channels in that controller are at default LOR settings. Would that make a difference? Should I set them all to DMX 161-177? I'll bet that will fix my issue.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, »
Well guys the bell broke!  :-[
After setting up all of the controller channels to DMX using xlights conversion still resulted in no lights. Trying Mickpats instructions I am getting this error. Like I said at the first I am going to need my hand held.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, »
Roger,

If my conversion process worked you should not need to run through Mickpat's.  My tool does the whole thing in one step...

Have you tested the .xseq files generated by my tool?

Note: I did uncover a bug Today that would cause a ramp up of an RGB channel to be treated as a full on.  I'll publish an update Tomorow (or Late Today if you go by the DLA clock...)

Frank

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
Xlights set up with LOR and LSP?
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, »
It looks like there's an issue with the setnet.py file, which is still listed as a text file. My hunch is that it still has the txt extension, and windows has the file name as setnet.py.txt

You might try using the cmd prompt to rename the file with the ren command.  With the original setnet file (setnet.txt) in your folder, type the following:

ren setnet.txt setnet.py

Hope that's the issue and helps.
tlh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, »
Thanks Guys!

Frank this is an LMS file and I thought that your process only did MSQ or LSP files. These are old files of Santa talking and I have several. If I import into LSP the timings are so far off that they are not even workable. To tell you how frustrated I got I purchased S3 just so I could use these files. If all else fails I was going to drive my show with LOR this year. Too tired of fighting another program! I would like to be able to take my wife out to dinner or leave the house for a little bit in December, but that's another story all together. ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, »
It looks like there's an issue with the setnet.py file, which is still listed as a text file. My hunch is that it still has the txt extension, and windows has the file name as setnet.py.txt

You might try using the cmd prompt to rename the file with the ren command.  With the original setnet file (setnet.txt) in your folder, type the following:

ren setnet.txt setnet.py

Hope that's the issue and helps.
tlh

Comes up with "System cannot find specified file."

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, »

Comes up with "System cannot find specified file."

Do you get this error when using the ren command or the python.exe command?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, »

Do you get this error when using the ren command or the python.exe command?

Ren command in the cammand prompt. I did change the file name back to .txt and tried as well. Exact same message both times.

I was in the convert file for the command prompt.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, »
Hi Roger,

The problem is that windows is hiding the extension from you.  So right now the filename is actually setnet.py.txt.  try:

ren setnet.py.txt setnet.py

Frank

P.S. You can change your folder options to always show extensions to avoid this confusion in the future.

Frank

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, »
Hi Roger,

The problem is that windows is hiding the extension from you.  So right now the filename is actually setnet.py.txt.  try:

ren setnet.py.txt setnet.py

Frank

P.S. You can change your folder options to always show extensions to avoid this confusion in the future.

Frank

That did it! Thanks! Now I will try and convert. I will post my results shortly!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, »
Well I'm getting closer. The setnet file worked after I fixed "MY" network errors. Now I get this error when I run the XML search and replace script.

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, »
Well I'm getting closer. The setnet file worked after I fixed "MY" network errors. Now I get this error when I run the XML search and replace script.

Glad you got the rename function to work. This is just a guess, but you might try deleting the space after the * in your convert command line so that it is ..new*.lms

If the script does not handle wildcards (i.e., *), then try using the exact file name.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, »

Glad you got the rename function to work. This is just a guess, but you might try deleting the space after the * in your convert command line so that it is ..new*.lms

If the script does not handle wildcards (i.e., *), then try using the exact file name.

Believe it or not I did try with and without the space. It did the same on both. I did not try the exact name and will do so now and post results in a minute.