Hooking up a DMX Universe
Examples of Lynx/Tiger DMX hookups - Please click on picture to see full size
- You must know the basics before you can have Blinky Flashy!!
- DMX stands for Digital MultipleXing; it is an international standard maintained by the Entertainment Services and Technology Association.
- One DMX universe is 512 channels or 32 addressable devices. You are able to use more dongles or splitters to create another universe or use more devices.
What you Need
- To create a DMX universe you need a few items
- DMX dongle
- Vixen with DMX attached plugin
- DMX object to be operated
- Termination (usually incorporated into RJ's controllers)
Lynx DMX Dongle
- The Lynx Dongle is the interface that transforms USB signal output by Vixen into a DMX signal ran down a Cat5 cable via RJ45 jack.